ONLY A FAN + TIPS

ONLY A FAN

first off, don't write a book and tell the readers it's going to be realistic if it's going to be no where near realistic.

im seriously tired with all these fucking "just a fan" books.

The reality of all these JUST A FAN books would be the OC meeting the twins getting a picture, talking for a bit then that's fucking it. For god sake Ethan isn't going to ask for your number.

Also, if it's a DM book, Grayson isn't going to slide in with a fuckboy message like: ur fucking hot bbyg

NO NO NO

like have u even seen them online, they're awkward talking about girls online then how the fuck would they be all fuckboyish with this MC.

Secondly, i don't think it's that easy to get out of the fan-zone. ok, i get it's a fanfic, you create the story but do you have to use the same exact plot in each and everyone of them.

there's always at least three things that happen in these books (if it's an online one)

1. the twins peep her social media and think she's the hottest girl in the world

2. she gets wayyyyy toooo much non-discreet attention from the twins (like they're tweeting her stuff like like i luh u bbyg & fck me)

3. the twins fly her out to wherever they are and she probs will go on tour with them

ITS SO DAMN UNREALISTIC. here's a word of advice to anyone who writes 'Just A Fan' books, people like to read realistic things (unless you're trying to write fantasy). If you're portraying an actual human who is in fact alive and as successful and well known as the twins, that human should walk, talk and act as they would in real life. You should make them as realistic as possible or it just seems like you're creating some made up character and slapping the names ethan and grayson onto them. 

now you may be wondering why this rule doesn't necesarilly apply in any fuqboi fanfic. well, if you see in those books they're whole life is being switched up, you're telling the reader a story of a grayson and ethan in an alternate universe where things are completley dofferent and anything could possibly happen, so it's way easier to accpet. people already have a image tat the famous youtuber the dolan twins are like this. but they don't have any idea or fixed thought of what the fuckboy type of dolan twins would be like or the dolan twins as teachers would be like. thats why those books can be as imaginative as possible.

i could even see cameron dallas dm bbyg and stuff to his fans and read a only a fan book on cameron dallas because he tweets acts that way. the twins on the other hand don't even tweet shit like 'i wanna cuddle u rn' so it's so hard to imagine them flying a random girl out, or tweeting lovey shit openly

when you are writing a just a fan books, you are sticking to their actual life, you are keeping their life just the way it is and adding a girl into it. people know these boys as youtubers, they know they act a certain way. when they think of the dolan twins they think of goofballs, who are conservative when it comes to their dating life. when you write a story where they're tweeting and flying out some random girl they think is hot over social media, it doesn't at all seem like the dolan twins we know, it does not at all portray the twins in any way realistically and in fact makes them whole other people. 

idk if that made any sense but i hoped it helped, i might make another chapter on this considering half this chapter was me giving advice. comment some cliches you'd like to see included in this book bc ya girl is dry.

bye shisters