мυѕняσσм

.

.

.

.

..........M.E.R.I.D.I.A.N......L.I.G.H.T.S..........

.

.

"Ela, you gonna join us later?"

"Ha? Where?"

"Megamall, Vivian and the others said that we're going ice skating."

"Haaa? Ice skating? I don't know how to do that."

"That goes for the both of us. Come on, it's Friday, let's have fun!"

Gizelle, my quirky friend, urged me to go with them. She was currently doing her eyelashes with those metallic death traps. I didn't know what those things were called, as I generally steered clear from these kinds of cosmetic contraptions. Yeah, I was quite the failure as a woman.

The fan in the room once again turned, which successfully scattered stray strands of hair and ultimately messed up my neat ponytail. Lazily tucking a lock of my auburn colored hair behind my ear, I watched as my friends went about in their silly ways. It was a typical lunch break scene. The girls chatted, flipped open magazines, and touched up their make-up with their compact powders, while the boys played one of those popular anime cards or board games, whichever took their fancy.

I wanted to go with them. It was my friends' ritual to go hang out every Friday after class. I usually go with them, but sometimes, my parents wouldn't allow me for some reason or the other. They're quite the overprotective bunch.

I got their reasoning. After all, I was only thirteen years old, and the youngest at that.

I had two older brothers but they're not enrolled in my school. Instead, they both attended an all boy school just near my own private co-ed school. The eldest was graduating this year, and the middle was graduating a year after. While me, the youngest and the only girl in the family, well, I was a first-year high school student.