fιgυяє ѕкαтєя

.

.

.

.

..........M.E.R.I.D.I.A.N......L.I.G.H.T.S..........

.

.

It's been eight months since I started skating.

Yes, I had proven my mom and myself wrong.

When I first had that conversation with my parents, I had been serious when I told them that I wanted to try ice skating, or figure skating, as I now knew. But there had always been that part in the back of my mind that contradicted what I was saying back then. What if I did give up skating? What if I get tired of it quickly?

If I did get tired, my mom would most likely bump me in the head as my skates alone cost twenty thousand pesos.

Fortunately, that didn't happen. I had come to love the sport.

Sure, in the beginning, I was always falling down my butt. However, thanks to Coach Edmund, I slowly but surely was able to glide along the ice without needing to stay beside the rails.

Whenever my coach taught me, he would always bring me to center ice.

Didn't you know how nerve-wracking that was for a complete beginner?

Well, Coach Edmund had always been slightly sadistic beneath his gentle demeanor.

These past eight months had been very beneficial to my skating life. I skated daily, somehow, I was able to manage my time efficiently. School started at 8 am and ended at 5 pm. At 5 pm onwards, my driver would accompany me to Megamall, where the skating rink was. In the Philippines, there were only two rinks in total. One was in Megamall, while the other was in a faraway province, Cebu.

My practice usually runs four hours in total during the weekdays. In the weekends, I usually stayed at the rink for six hours.

It was very difficult. Very, very difficult.