Fierce is a Lady

.

.

.

.

..........M.E.R.I.D.I.A.N......L.I.G.H.T.S..........

.

.

I inhaled deeply and let the air out in a longdrawn manner. I repeated this until I felt my anger ebbing away gradually and my rational side returned.

My phone rang again and saw that it was Yuzuru calling. I gripped my phone tightly before I pressed the accept button.

"Era? Are you ok? I kept on calling and leaving messages but you weren't answering." Yuzuru's concerned voice sounded against the stillness of the room.

I closed my eyes as I felt his concern wash over me. Instead of answering, I said, "About Javier, those things aren't true."

"I know, Era," Yuzuru replied, firmly. "I know."

"Yuzuru..."

"Now tell me, are you ok?" Yuzuru asked again.

"I... I'd be lying if I said I am..."

"Don't let those things get to you, Erana," Yuzuru gently soothed me. "Tabloids and gossips sensationalize anything and everything as long as they get some views. Era, know that anyone who knows you personally will never believe those garbage."

"... I know. Thank you." I smiled weakly. "Sometimes, I really need to be reminded about these things. It's just..."

"Era...?"

"It's just... it makes me so mad." I clenched my fist and bit my lip. "What gave them the right to spread lies about someone else? Those tabloids are just... they're the worst! And those people, they just went ahead and believed those stories. They don't even know the full story, Yuzuru! This makes me so mad!"