Rumination II

.

.

..........M.E.R.I.D.I.A.N......L.I.G.H.T.S..........

.

.

"Yuzu." Someone interrupted me from my musings. "Yah, Yuzu."

"Ha?"

"Guess what?"

"Too lazy," I said, fending off this annoyance, "go bother someone else."

Sato grumbled, stubbornly moving his chair closer to my desk. He lowered his voice, waggled his brows suggestively. "I heard Hanabi's interested in you."

"Mmhm." I yawned sleepily, blinking away the tears that resulted from it.

"I'm not joking!" Sato insisted.

"Who said you were?"

"Your tone did."

"Does it look like I care?" I replied. Hand propped my chin, dully looking at him sideways through the corners of my eyes. "I didn't know you like to gossip. How shameful."

"Yah!" Sato exclaimed, gaining the attention of our other classmates. A bit embarrassed, he cleared his throat and waited for our classmates to ignore us before he leaned forward and lowered his voice again, "This is Hanabi. Hanabi!"

Head throbbing from this nonsense, I sighed heavily. "Plenty of Hanabi in school, common name."

"It's Hanabi, the one that transferred this year? New girl? Remember?"

"Dunno."

Sato opened and closed his mouth like fish, frustration building inside him. It amused me greatly. He sighed while nodding sarcastically. "Alright, I get it. Why the hell am I even saying this to a guy who rejects confessions on a monthly basis?"

"You make it sound like I'm such a heartless person." I lazily smirked and shifted my position to face him. Basically, I just shifted hands, my left hand was now the one propping my chin. "I consider myself quite the gentleman."

"You are so conceited, you know that?"

"Arigato." I nodded solemnly at him.

A few hours later, classes were finished and it was time to go home. My friends went over to my desk while I was arranging my bag.

"We're going to that new burger joint, wanna come?"