вυℓℓу

.

.

.

.

..........M.E.R.I.D.I.A.N......L.I.G.H.T.S..........

.

.

"Ready?" Coach Edmund handled the luggage. The other support team waited around us with carts full of suitcases.

"I don't think so." I shook my head as I stayed rooted on the spot.

The airport staff talked on their earpieces as they managed the boarding area. The flight stewardess signaled us to proceed to the exit.

Coach Edmund tapped my shoulder reassuringly before ushering me outside the plane towards the jet bridge. A group of men in black suits surrounded us during our trek towards the gate.

As soon as we neared the terminal, flashes and the sound of shutters from countless cameras rang out. I faltered a bit on my step before Coach Edmund stabilized me. Thankfully, there were barriers between us and the Media. Either way, the bodyguards guided us as we made our way to the immigration area.

Voices intermingled as the reporters tried to interview me on the side. I just nodded and smiled politely at them triggering another wave of flashes from the cameras. There were even video cameras from major broadcasting networks situated in strategic locations, no doubt recording this event in a live broadcast.

An administrative airport official was waiting for us in the immigration area. The official led us to a side path where we bypassed the normal line. He then told us to wait inside a room. Some members of the Philippines Support Team handed our passports and visas to the airport staff.

Ten minutes later, we were free to go.

The bodyguards then guided us to the main hall of the airport. This time there were no barriers separating us from the other people. As soon as they, the media and the general masses, noticed our approach, excitement buzzed through the charged air and cheers and applause began to resound. Tons of flashes once again bombarded our direction as the people taking pictures doubled in numbers. Even the people not connected to the media had their cellphones out. Multicolored banners and posters were in their hands.