Chapter Six: The Spins

We all got back to the hotel fairly late which worried me. That and I was still pretty pissed off at Johnny's threats.

Lanning's initial email had informed me about the trip to Paris, but more specifically it told me that I had to make sure Joshua went to bed early. I was going to take this job seriously from now on, even if I thought the request was pretty ridiculous in the first place.

What was I? His mother?

Apparently our little star had the tendency to party late at night. Big shocker there.

That's why my eagle eye was trained on Joshua at the exact moment that he began to make his way to the hotel door.

"Ah-ha! I don't think so" I yelled trailing behind him.

The rest of the people from our group, who were previously talking, immediately hushed down after hearing me.  They were all probably enjoying how my little show of power would play out. I was just as curious as they were, in all honesty.

Joshua arched a brow.

"You don't think what?" A cynical smirk showed up on his face after he asked his question.

"I don't think that you're going anywhere tonight. That's what I'm thinking" My mouth was a hard line as I slipped in front of him, blocking the exit.

A couple of the onlookers, now including some of the hotel guests, snickered.

"Well...what are you going to do about it?" At that Joshua began to move and jump left to right, looking for an opening. The asshole was clearly having fun with this. I couldn't deny it, after the shoot, I was even more nervous around him. I didn't like being impressed by him at all.

And, I, the idiot, moved side to side to block him. Too bad that he found an opening. Taking a swift step, Joshua had made it into one of the compartments of the revolving door. But I wasn't going to lose this one.

I tried to follow him even when he had already started to spin the door.

Sadly,I didn't make it into his compartment, my initial goal.

Instead, I made into the next one, smacking my forehead on the glass that separated us.

I could hear loud laughter after that.

Embarrassment and rage took over and I started to scream. I was not going to be some toy he could play with!

"Joshua Lachowski you better stop this right now! Before I -" I stopped talking when I realized that he had the audacity to stick his tongue out at me.

"Real mature! What are you five?" I yelled all of this through the glass, spinning around the revolving doors as the minutes ticked by.

A large crowd of people were now fully enjoying Joshua's little act of rebellion from the inside of the hotel. I could hear several people laughing and sending him messages of encouragement.

You know my favorite part about life?

How it's just so fair.

"Twenty-two!" I could hear faintly from the other side of the glass.

"Well, act like it you childish jerk!" I yelled back.

He feigned a hurt look before jumping out of the outside opening. It took me another full spin before I got to walk out of the damn rollercoaster the doors had become. To say I was dizzy was an understatement.

I tripped out into the cold night air, walking crookedly towards where Joshua was now standing. The smile on his face and the casual cross of his arms was enough to make me regain some of my composure.