Chapter Fourteen: Shock Girl

This was not a dress, this was a shirt.

I continued to pull down on the flimsy black fabric that belonged to the garment Johnny had loaned me. It clung to my body like a second skin and stopped at a really racy place.

"Lilly, darling, hurry up! I hadn't realized you were such a diva, Jesus," I hear Jonny complain from the other side of the bathroom door.

"It's not my fault that you forgot to give me the other freaking half of the dress!" I yell in frustration, after thrusting the door open.

"It doesn't look that bad, you should see Gola. You'll look like Virgin Mary next to her, I promise. Now we have to get going!" Johnny starts to lead me towards the door.

I try to fight his shoving by pushing towards the opposite direction. I cannot go out like this!

"Wait!" I yell when the idea light bulb turns on over my head.

I hear Johnny let me go with a sigh.

I sprint towards my suitcase and zip it open. Scrambling through my bag of clothes, I dig through the fabrics until I spot what I'm looking for. I start to slide my knee-high black pencil skirt, the one that I used for my job interview, over the bottom half of my dress.

What the heck are you doing-" Johnny cuts himself off with a gasp, after he sees me slide the thing fully up. I run to the bathroom mirror to inspect my work.

I smile when I'm fully sure that I look decent and good too.

"Not bad." Johnny leans against the doorframe and studies me in a weird way. He looks at me like I'm some sort of science experiment and it freaks me out a bit.

"What happened to 'Hurry up'?" I question, so that he can stop studying me that way.

"Oh yes! Time to par-tay!" Johnny giggles like a girl, once he remembers that we have somewhere to go.

I walk out of the hotel room with him by my side, internally dreading the whole night.

Joshua turns around just in time to catch sight of me and Johnny.

"Nice," He comments, looking me up and down. I grab my face when I realize that I'm blushing. So. Not. Cool.

We meet up with the rest of the crew in the hotel Lobby. All of the women are wearing skin tight dresses that leave almost nothing to the imagination. I realize that I do look like Virgin Mary next to all of them, but it doesn't bother me. At least I'm comfortable.

I think that we're all ready to go, until I see the short blonde from earlier walk up to Joshua with a phone in her hand.

Holy shit, two calls in the same week? Somehow I know that it's a bad sign.

Joshua walks out with the phone tight in his hand. I can tell that he works hard to muffle his words.

I make sure to keep everyone in the lobby, while he's outside. I want him to have his privacy now, so I can weasel it out of him later.

The call is brief, and he walks back in after just a few minutes. I don't like the look on his face. If I had to describe it, 'pissed off' would be the word. This wasn't like the first time when he was all sulky and shit. No, I was sure that this was worse.

I don't know why I even cared, but I still made my way over to him, while everyone continued talking in their own conversations.

"Everything alright?" I ask from where I stand.

I expect him to at least tell me that something is up, but instead he gives me a smile and nods his head as a yes.

For some reason, I get really disappointed. I'm about to question him, but I hear Amanda's voice telling us that we're going to be late. Joshua doesn't give me another chance to speak before walking off with the rest of the group, leaving me standing there like an idiot.