Chapter 1

A.N. - It has been so long since I've written or thought about this series. I'm thinking about picking it back up, but I guarantee it might still be just as bad, in my opinion. Anyway, I think I'm gonna go through the other books to just check some grammar errors and maybe some plot holes. Lastly, does anyone remember Polyvore? That's what the picture was made in, from so long ago, makes me feel just a tad nostalgic.
[Updated 2/26/24]

5 Years

3rd Pov. Amalla

Sunrise was always a great view on the run. Nothing more apparent of another day of freedom than the sight of it.

Amalla sat on the hood of her Fire Bird. It was matte black 1967, an antique, a gift. She awaited for son to come back to the car. He stood waiting in line to pay at the gas station.
Her eyes stared into the desert surrounding the small station. Mexico in its heat wave shift; she wiped a bead of sweat from her forehead.

"Hey, Mom." Tom said as he stepped to the car. He held his water bottle with his teeth and sat the extras on the back floor of the car.

"Hmm?" Amalla hums, as she dismounts and steps to the driver side. The dust flying with the wind as she drove out the gas station.

"Will you tell me of my father?" He asks, and Amalla glanced to him. Knowing he deserved to know whatever he wanted.
"I know you lived with your grandmother for a couple years. What did she say to you?" She responds and sped through the deserted road ahead of them.

"Nothing, just that he was some drunk who died for his drinking." He states, his eyes staring at his hands. She catches the look as he examined himself, seeing his eyes flicking to her for comparison.

"Of course, she'd say that. It's true in some ways. He was a prick at times. But he's alive, and very much well off." Amalla confirmed, and looked into his eyes.

"Then, who is it that you fell in love with?" Tom asks, after a few minutes of silence. She paused, staring off into the desert.

"Grandma said when she saw you, you looked like how you did when your mother died. Heartbroken." He affirms and studied her face. She grabbed his hand and squeezed it.

"Well, you both are very observant." Amalla replied and gave him a sad smile. She shakes it off and stares ahead.
"What was his name?" Tom asked after another a few seconds.

"Dominic."

---

Brian sat at his desk, his eyes combing over the file of his recent case. Flipping pages up and switching folders.

Braga

His eyes scanned over the suspect names and pictures of everything. His eyes stopped as he saw a photo that took his attention. He tossed the file aside and looked closer at the photo.

"Amalla." He whispered to himself and looked around. He tucks the photo into his waistband, hiding it from the other agents.

"Shit." He muttered as he saw her name appear on the thesis of wanted criminals. He flipped his phone open, calling someone.

"I found her. She's in deep, yeah. Braga. Mexico."

---

Amalla sat quietly in her apartment, her hands clutching her phone. Her mind was else where as Tom walked into the living room to see her.

"Mom?" He asked, and she flinched at his voice. He backed away, and Amalla quickly stood and grabbed his hands.

"I'm sorry. I was just in my thoughts. Um, we are going back to the U.S. for a while. Is that all right?" She asked, and Tom nodded, and she hugged him tightly.

"It's good, Mom. I'll go pack." He said and left. She grabbed her phone and clicked on a video. A car speeded in a race, and she smiled and rubbed her finger over the screen.

"You don't need this life. But at least I know you'll never get caught in trouble. You know how to race." She said quietly to herself, as she saw Tom's face on the screen, smiling at his victory. A proud smirk covers her face as she clicks the video off and heads to pack.

---

A.N.
Hey, I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter of Unify.
Tom will be played by Tyler Posey, and all other characters will be whoever they portrayed in the movie.