Chapter 4

Ties

3rd Pov. Amalla

Amalla sat in front of a compound, and she glanced down at a picture of Tom.  He was 6 years old, dressed as a power ranger. She smiled down at it and hid it under her seat. She exited her car and entered the compound. Her eyes scanned every person, every movement, every look. Amalla walked up a set of stairs, and her eyes locked onto Campos.

"Amalla? Do you like Amalla {A-mall-a}, or my way? {A-(my)-a} Amalla?" He asked as he stood and held his hand out.

"Your way will be fine, but I go by Amalla. {A-mall-a}." She said and shook his hand.

"Are you back for the job?" He asks and sits down.

"Yes. I'm back up. We need this job done right this time." She says and sat across from him.

"¿Qué quieres decir, perra?"
'What do you mean, bitch?' Fenix insults, as he entered the area. His eyes staring down Amalla, as she had her arms crossed.

"Bitch, wow. You never think of any new retorts." She states, and she looked to Campos.
"I'll be here tonight. I'm going with them, make sure there following, in a sense." She said, and Campos eyebrow quirked.

"What do you mean, chica?" He asked, and joined them in standing.

"To keep them in line, as well no human casualties. Well, if there ever is a human causality, you know that they can't really drive." Amalla said, and Campos grinned.

"Okay, be here. 10." He said, and Amalla turned and stepped down the stairs.

---

Amalla stood from her Fire Bird, Tom stepping out with her as he stared in astonishment. The different vehicles, the women, the music. His eyes covered everything, and Amalla smiled.

"You stay close. You're gonna follow me on the cycle. I don't want you around them. So stay safe, okay?" She said, and touched this shoulder.

"Yeah, Mom. I will." He said, and walked behind her.

-

Amalla scanned the area, and her eyes landing on a buzzed cut of blonde hair. She looked lower and saw the side of his face. Brian's face.
"Let's go up." She said, and kept a held of his arm.

-

"Bull's-eye, coo, come on!" Fenix said, as Campos drove a golf ball threw his cage.
"We can do this all day." Fenix said, as Campos spoke something in Spanish.

"Campos." Amalla says, as she made sure Tom stood behind her.
"Amalla. Are you ready?" He asked, and glanced back at Tom.

"Who's that?" He asked and gestured to Tom. She glanced back and turned back forward.
"He'll be helping me with the race." She said, and Fenix looked back at them.
"He's young. Looks too young." He said, and Amalla glared at him.
"He's in training." She stated, and Giselle walked forward with Brian and Dom. They looked at her and to Tom, both saying nothing. Campos spares her one last look before looking to the drivers.

"You all know why you're here. Good drivers are a dime a dozen. Man, every corner's got a chingadera tuner racing for pinks." Campos said and swung his golf driver. He looked at Amalla, and she turned to face them.

"That is not what Braga has got us looking for. Braga wants someone who would sell their abuelita to be behind the wheel. Someone that drives there, but to push it and make it through places, no one else would take it. Real drivers." Amalla paused and looked at Dom. His eyes showed many emotions, and she stayed focused.

"So, what are we hauling?" He asked, and Campos stayed quiet.

"For the money Braga's paying, you don't need to know." Amalla spoke as she knew the routine from other trials.

"You just said you wanted real drivers. A real driver knows exactly what's in his car." Dom said, and Amalla gave him a nod.

"Mira, real driver, nobody's forcing you to race." Fenix said and stood chest to chest with Dom.
"You the boss? Or am l talking to the boss?" Dom said and gestured between Braga and her.

"Do l look like a boss?" He asked, and Dom's jaw tensed.

"Apártate." Amalla orders, making Fenix step back.
['Back off.'] 

"Our job is to find the best drivers, period. Whoever wins the race gets the info. Are we good?" Amalla states and made a gesture for Tom to stay still. She stepped to Dom and Fenix and stared them down.
"Are we good?" She asked harder, and Dom looked at her.

"Yeah, we're cool." He said, and Amalla glared at Fenix. He backed farther away and looked at Campos.

"No, we ain't cool, man. Who's closing these streets?" Another racer asked, and Amalla walked up to him.

"No one. That's the point." She chuckled, and Campos smirked in approval. He stumbled back, and she gestured for Tom to follow her. He quickly walked after her as the other racers followed her out.

A.N. [Revised: 2/27/24]