Chapter 13

Calls

3rd Pov. Amalla

Amalla sat alone as she flipped open her phone and rang a certain number.

"Get, Campos." She said as Brian glanced back at her as he sat not far away.

"Was that how Braga inspires loyalty? Killing his drivers?" Brian said, as he had taken my phone from me.

"One can always find more drivers. It's just good business." Campos said, and Brian glanced back at her.

"Do you have Amalla?" He asked, and Brian once again looked back at her.

"Why is she important?" Brian asked, and Campos held in a chuckle.

"Because we have a contract. It was never suposse to be used. And you have just triggered it. Return her." He said, and Brian glanced at Amalla. She made a face of confusion as she tried to remember which contract.

"I want to trade." Brian skipped to another topic, but Campos ignored.

"I will just say she is in the same room. Get Thomas, will you. He's in Los Angeles." Campos said to someone else beside the phone.

"No!" Amalla yelled as Brian held her back from the phone. She kept pushing against him, till Dom's arms enveloped her and pulled her away to another room.

----

Amalla sat silently, her mind focusing on Tom. Dom sat in front of her, just watching as her look became of a worried one.

"Amalla?" He said, and she glanced at him for the first time. His eyes stared at her as she looked away.

"I'm sorry. For what I did." He said, and Amalla wiped her nose to make sure nothing was leaking.

"It seems like I sort of deserved it. But you know me. I always jump in at the most unopertuned moments." He smirked and shook his head.

"No, you didn't. But the last part is true." Amalla giggled this time, and she faced him.
"I.. Uh..." Amalla stuttered as she couldn't think of anything to say.
"Tom is your son?" He confirms, and Amalla nods and walks towards the door.
"I just got him back. And now I'm about to lose him again. Great." She said and left Dom to his thoughts.

----

"Amalla. I need you to stay back. Go find your son before they do. We'll meet back at the house later. Go!" Brian said, as Dom and him climbed into a car and took off to the meeting point.

Amalla climbed onto an old motorcycle. She smiled to herself as she remembered the last time she was in Los Angeles.
Amalla sped through the streets as she neared her apartment. She sped right onto the sidewalk as she sprinted up stairs to the third floor.

Amalla pushed at the door as she backed up and ran into the door with her full body. She stepped back and charged at it again. They creaked a little, but she charged again, and the door flew open.
She groaned on the floor and quickly grabbed something to help her stand. She wobbled slightly as she heard movement and a figure climb and stand up in the light from the moon outside.

"Mom?" Tom's voice said, as he was shirtless and his hair disheveled.

A.N. Revised:[2/27/24]