Chapter 6

Old Tales

3rd Pov. Amalla

Amalla stood in a garage, as she fixed her Fire Bird. Footsteps echoed through the building, and she stood to see the person.

"Mall?" Brian's voice echoed and he walked up to her. She paused, and sat her tools down to the side. Her eyes glanced up to see Tom playing something in the office upstairs through the window.

"Why are you here, Brian?" She asked, and he remained standing in front of her.

"I have questions for you." He spoke, and she gestured for him to sit. He slowly leaned against the car and awaited her.

"Why did you leave?" He asked, and Amalla looked out he garage.
"Because I couldn't be around you or anyone. I needed an escape, and its what I got. It felt like hell but, I got my son back." She said, and Brian's eyebrows furrowed.

"I got pregnant, when I was 15. Had him the same year, grandma took care of him. That is why I spent most of my life at her home. I took care of him, and when I went to L.A. it was for you. I wanted to see you for a little bit. Then you took us to Miami,which was an even longer time. When you left, I stayed at grandmother's for a few weeks. I then took my son to Mexico with me." She finished, and Brian nodded and asked again.
"Why are you working for Braga?"

"A favor of sorts that Hector asked me for. I had many plans before they went to hell because of the L.A. events. So I needed something to do. So I choose him, but I did not learn that you put Letty undercover till after she died. I didn't even know she was apart of his unit. I missed the last interview with Letty. I didn't know she was dead till I heard Fenix mention it. That's why I was at the funeral." She said, and Brian stood and rubbed his face lightly.

"So why are you still with him?" He asked and Amalla stood as well, away from him.
"I am actually waiting for you. But I don't trust you anymore. After last time, I'd rather not lose anything." She said, and a voice was heard in the garage.

"Mom?!" Tom yelled through the garage as he stepped out of the small office. Amalla's eyes followed him down and Tom stopped once he saw Brian.

"Brian. This is Tom, my son. Tom, this is Brian. My brother." She waited as Brian slowly held his hand out. Tom glanced at it and repeated the gesture, shaking his hand. Brian pulled away and glanced at her, he stood close and leaned to her ear.

"He looks like your Mom." Brian states and leaves the garage. She chuckled as she looked at Tom and saw the resemblance.

"Mom, can he be trusted?" Tom asked as he watched Brian disappear.
"Right now, no." She said, and Tom stared at her.

"None of them are. Stay here, maybe fix the bird. I got to go check on things." Amalla said, and patted his shoulder. She smiled as he bent under the hood, and began working in the Fire Bird.

A.N. [Revised 2/27/24]