Chapter 8

Talks

3rd Pov. Amalla

Amalla stood alone, as she remembered her conversation with Tom.

' "Mom, why are we still moving? We aren't even in danger."
"Not at the moment. I need you safe."
"Why? So you don't lose me, like last time."
"I did that so I could see Brian, your grandmother did not want you to meet him."
"Then why were you gone for almost a year?"
"Because he saved me by running away. Far away. I healed and helped him. I left after and came back to you.".
"Well, I'm tired of hiding. I'm leaving."
Amalla paused and gave him a look. She, after a few minutes, nodded and grabbed a bag on the floor next to her.

"Be safe." She said, and he backed away and left without a word. Amalla covered her mouth, trying to calm herself as she hoped Tom would be safe. Letting him take the FireBird for safety as he left.'

Amalla sighed and watched as Brian's car pulled into the warehouse. She sighed at his tardiness, and she waved her hands. Two men walked away from her, and towards Brian's car. She watched as he fidgeted, and the men scanned under his car.

"Clear!" One of the men yelled, and turned back to face her. She gave a nod, a man gestured for the cars to slide into the semi truck.

Amalla glanced outside in the warehouse, and held her walkie talkie to her mouth.

'Close it. No comunitcation. Inform me later.' She said, and went scratched out and went silent.

The back of the semi closed, and she looked at everyone. She felt the semi come to life and begin driving.

---

Amalla leaned against Brian's car, as he looked around. Her eyes landed on Dom, as he leaned back in his seat. His eyes closed as two men jumped down from the top stand.

"This ain't right, bro. Nobody said nothing about being locked in no truck." A man said, and he looked at Amalla. He winked and smiled at her, she rolled her eyes and walked towards Dom's car.

"Tell me about it. Hey. Hey! Yo!" The second man shout towards Dom, and Amalla paused next to his driver window.

"Where do you think they're taking us?" The man asked, and Dom kept his eyes closed.

"Don't matter. We're all just along for the ride now." Dom said, and the men turned away. Amalla leaned back against the wall and Dom looked over at her.

"Did he get a funeral?" She asked, and Dom stared at her deeply.
"Who?" He asked, and she gave him a look.
"You know." She said quietly, and he looked at his steering wheel.
"Yeah." He said just as quiet, and she nodded to herself.
"I'm sorry." He said, and she looked back at him.

"I didn't believe you. You deserved for me to believe you and I failed." Dom said quietly, and she bent down in the window. They kept eye contact till Dom saw the yellow necklace he gave her.

"You kept it?" He asked, and she nodded as he grabbed the pendant. He looked back up at her and their faces were only centimeters apart.

"Boss! We're here!" A man yelled from outside, and Amalla stood straight and looked down at him. She looked away, and walked towards the opening.

"Welcome to Mexico." Amalla said, as she saw Giselle in the warehouse.

A.N. [Revised: [2/27/24]