Chapter 2

5 Years

3rd Pov. Amalla

Amalla stood in front of her old house, it was still in it same shape. Dusty, dirty paneled, but still the same. Tom stared at the home, and looked to her, watching her expression.

"I like it mom." He said, and she hugged him lightly. She lets him go towards the home, and unlock the door. It still looked the same; Amalla ushered him towards the second bedroom.

"This can be yours. I kept it for you, but I left here before I could show you." She states, and Tom gives her a small smile. She responds with a nod and closes the door to the room. She sighs and lays her head back against the door, and thinks of what she was going to do.

---

Amalla slid on her coat, fixing Tom's buttoned shirt after. He gives her a smile, and dusts his coat off. She wore all black, choosing pants instead of a dress just in case. Tom wore the same, except his white shirt. Her eyes raked over his face, preparing for the funeral she couldn't technically attend.

"You know what to do?" Amalla asked, and he nods. 

"Tell me again." Amalla says, and keeps her hands on his shoulders.

"I keep the keys, just in case. I use the burner phone in the car, if something happens to you. I call Frankie, and I go back onto a private jet. I leave with him to the closest non-extradition country. No contact unless you contact." He said back to her like a robot, and she gives him a sad smile.

"I just want you safe, being with me is -" Amalla speaks, and he hugs her tightly, interrupting her. One of her hands held his head close and her other held him close. His own arms around her as they softly parted and readied to leave.

-

Amalla sat with Tom, in the back row of the chair sets. Her eyes staring at the casket for Letty, and many other guests sat in the small setup before her grave site. She glanced around slightly and saw a few men in suits standing near black cars some distance away.

"Pay attention." She says, and Tom gazed over at the suits across the way. He nods, and Amalla speaks quietly.

"Try to assess before attacking, unless no other option is available. Try to not fight unless you have to, or want, but I'd prefer if you didn't. Try to be careful, be watchful." Amalla instructs and he nodded as he followed her words.

"Who's the blonde one over there?" Tom asks, seeing the man stare more closely than the rest, her head turned to see the suit.

"Brian." She mutters, and Brian looked straight towards her. She breathed in quickly, and turned to Tom.

"This is it. Go." She whispers, and Tom walks off towards the Fire Bird far from the suits. Brian looks to Tom, and begins to slightly run after him.

"Hey!" Amalla yells, and all of the guests looked at her. Mia's eyes landing on her and she stood. She shared a look with her, and stepped away.
Amalla sprints ahead taking Brian's attention, catching the suits attention from the funeral. Her speed quick as she crosses the cemetery to the street.

Passing the street a farmer's market was set close by. Her body weaving through the crowd, dodging through a convenient abandoned alley. She pushes harder, and jumps up off a wall. Her hands pushing off the other side of the alley. She swiftly climbed over the 6 foot fence.

"Amalla!" Brian yells, and she keeps her feet moving. Her body sprinting through the street, swerving through the busy road with some difficulty. Amalla's eyes catch a stalling motorcycle across the way, her movement pushing forward.

"Amalla!" She was only a few feet away, and she quickly jumped on. Her eyes finding the lock panel and breaking it off. Her hands fumble with the wires as she rushed to over wire it.

"Amalla! Stop!" Brian shouts as he stood a few yards behind her, his gun raised in the air.

"Where were you? Who was the kid?" He asks, and Amalla continued to hot wire it.

"That was a friend. No one important." She stalls, and the motorcycle roars back to life.

"Don't do this." He says, and his eyes pleading deeply at her. She glances back at him, and sighs.

"It's Tom. My son."  She responds, and speeds off. Brian goes to shoot but pauses, lowering his gun. His mind remembering what she said, of Tom, the young boy he only ever saw in a photo years ago.

[Revised: 2/27/24]