Chapter 5

Races

3rd Pov. Amalla

Amalla stood next to the vehicles, as the racers prepared themselves. Her eyes landed on Brian and Dom. She approached Brian's car, and bent to speak with him.

"Are you doing it?" She asked and looked around outside the car.
"Yeah. I am. I'll ta-"
"Then you know my answer." She said, and stood straight and walked over to Dom's. Her mind thinking of his agency and the thought of getting caught.

"Why are you here? Besides the revenge that has been clouding your head." She asked, and Dom only glanced at her.

"I'm here for Braga. That's all." He pointed out, and Amalla rolled her eyes.

"Right. Closed off. That's what your good at, right?" She fired back, and moved to leave. His hand wove around her wrist, and she stopped.

"You know exactly why I closed off. But I moved on. It seems you already did." He said with disgust and looked at Tom. Amalla flicks his forehead and stared him down.

"That is my son." She corrects looked around to make sure no one saw. She quickly walked back to Tom, and slid on her blacked out matte helmet. Tom did the same, and they climbed on the motorcycles.

---

'Please wait while directions are downloaded. Proceed to the highlighted route.' An automated voice said, to a GPS. Every car revved their engine as she slid in front of them with Tom. She held her hand up and looked to Campos. He gave a nod, and Amalla touched a screen on the motorcycle.

'Ten, nine, eight, seven, six...' The automated voice counted in every car. She revved her motorcycle and looked to Tom. She motioned to the side of the helmet, and towards Brian's car. He gave a nod and revved.

'two, one, go!'

Dom's car flew up in the air, and the others flew off ahead of them. Amalla stayed in front weaving through the cars, as a directions popped up.

'Right turn ahead. You are now five miIes from your destination.' 

Amalla held back to stay on Dom, Tom stayed a car ahead with Brian. Dom glanced over at her and sighed to himself. Amalla stayed focused, as she watched.

'Right turn ahead.'

The silver grey car spun out and slammed straight into on coming traffic. Amalla stayed next to Dom, and he stared at her as she glanced back at Tom. He went straight with Brian, and she threw her helmet off. Dom watched as she grabbed an earpiece and plugged it in.

"Tom! Tom!" She yelled as she glanced at Dom. His eyes took in her worried expression, and looked back.

"He's rerouting!" Tom yelled through the piece. Amalla pushed on her motor cycle, and she moved in between the orange and Dom's car. She muttered to herself, as the orange tried to swerve into her. Dom saw as the orange car slammed into hers, and she jumped into the air. Dom swerved against the orange car and Amalla flew onto the hood of Dom's car. Her fingertips latched onto everything, and he shot his hand out of the window. She grabbed it, and held tight, ducking so he could see. 

Amalla climbed to the side, and climbed into the passenger seat. Dom glanced at her, and he shifted gears. She stayed silent as he sped forward. Brian appeared next to them, and Tom behind them both. She sighed and Dom held his gear. He shifted a last time, and pressed a button for NOS. They sped forward, and Brian stayed behind slightly.

"Was it true?" He asked, as Brian pressed his NOS, and sped forward to them.

"I didn't know. Everything was real." She said, as Brian passed them and Dom jerked to the right. His back side slamming into Brian's side. Brian's car spun around after Dom's blow, and he sped forward to the finishing line.

'You have reached your destination. Goodbye.'

Amalla stepped out from his car, and walked over to Campos. Her left leg bleeding lightly from a cut.

"You good?" He asked, and Amalla gave him a nod. Tom joined next to her and held her straight.
"At least we know you can't beat me straight up." Brian said as he walked towards them.

"l didn't know there were any rules." Dom said, and looked back to Campos.
"Now that's what I call real driving." Campos said, and Brian moved forward.
"No, that's bullshit, man!" He yelled, and Amalla stepped forward and pushed him back. He glared at her and backed away.

"Go cry to your mama, eh?" Fenix added, and Amalla smacked the back of his head. Campos smirked and she stayed between Dom and Fenix.

"You work for Braga now. When the GPS calls, you follow." Amalla said, as she stepped forward in front of him. He gave her a look of confusion, and she stepped back for Giselle.

"Driver's license." She asked, and Dom smirked.

"What driver's license?" He said, and Giselle continued.
"Thumb. Cell phone number." She paused, and Dom glanced at Amalla.

"The print is for Campos. The number is for me." She said, and Amalla tried to stay normal as she checked Tom. She glanced back at Dom and he looked down and away from her. She nodded to herself, and took Tom's arm to leave.