Chapter 12

Lies and Doubts Vol. 2

3rd Pov. Amalla

Amalla slowly entered the place again as she stood in front of the shelves of food. Her eyes taking in Brian and Mia, including their conversation.

"You asked me why l let Dom go. l think it's because at that moment, l respected him more than l did myself. Yeah. One thing l learned from Dom is that nothing really matters unless you have a code." Brian says and pauses, sitting at the table with Mia.
"And what's your code, Brian?" She asks, and Brian stares inti her eyes.
"l'm working on it."

"What's happening between you and Amalla?" Mia asked, and Amalla leaned back to listen.
"I uh. Well, this is the longest time I've seen her in 5 years." Brian said, and chuckled to himself.
"Why?"
"I have no idea. I want to say it was Dom's fault, but it's not. Her heart broke, and in return, it broke her. Body and spirit." He said as a ringing rung through the air.

Amalla paused as it was her phone, and also presumed it was Brian's. She grabbed the phone and pressed a bottom the side. A name slowly popped up as Amalla froze. Her phone dropped to the floor as Brian held his with the same expression.

"Shit. Hey, Dom." Brian said, as he moved in front of Amalla.

"When were you gonna tell me?" Dom's aid as he walked up to them.

"Dom, what are you doing?" Mia asked as she went to join them.
"When were you gonna tell me you were running Letty?"

He yelled and swung his fist across Brian's face. Brian fell to the ground as Dom looked back up at Amalla.
Brian panicked and punched Dom back away from her. Dom shoved Brian against the food rack, and went towards Amalla.

He shoved her against a wall, and she stayed in the spot. Dom glared down at her as he huffed out in anger and went back to Brian. He picked Brian up, and held him against the wall next to Amalla with his forearm.

"Let me explain. . . When were you gonna. . ." Brian said between breaths, as Dom cut of his circulation.

"Dom, stop !" Mia yelled as he looked to Amalla for help. She stayed still the entire time, her mind trying to process what happened before and now.

"You don't understand." Brian said, and Dom squeezed harder.

"I don't understand?" Dom asked and swung his fist again and Brian fell to the ground.

"Stop!" Mia yelled again, and Amalla finally came into action. Her legs swung against Dom's calves, taking him out. She went to Brian, and turned back to Dom.

Dom got back up and grabbed Brian. Amalla shoved him off but Dom was stronger. He shoved her out of the way and held his fist up.

Amalla stubbornly jumped onto Brian to protect him. Dom paused after a few seconds, his head replaying what he just did.

Amalla laid on the ground, hunched like Brian. Her cheek forming a bruise, her lip split, blood bleeding from the cut and her mouth. Brian groaned next to her but reached out to check her. Amalla was frozen on the ground, staring off into space. Brian jumped up and pulled his gun from behind him. Pointing it at Dom as he covered over Amalla.

"Stay away." He yelled a shows his protective brother side. Dom looked in shock at his fist and backed far away.

"She did it for you, Dom. She did it for you. Letty came to me to clear your name in exchange for bringing down Braga. She just wanted you to come home!" Brian finished and lowered his gun. He kneeled back towards Amalla as he helped her stand and walked her to the bathroom.

A.N. Revised:[2/27/24]