🌸Swimming Freestyle - Part 3🌸

*Please note: parts 1 and 2 were published in SasuSakuComm 's OneShot book. If you haven't read them yet, I suggest that you go back and read them*

"Itachi?" Sasuke poked his head into the small hospital room, "it's me."

"Sasuke!"

He casually walked right in and up to his brother's bed, "I brought a friend."

"Friend? Pssh, I don't think I could ever call you that. More like teammate." Sakura rolled her eyes as she followed not too far behind.

"Ha. It's a girl." Itachi smirked as he turned the running tv off and tossed the remote onto the couch across the room, "how've you been?"

"Fine." Sasuke sat down, "practice has been a killer. But we're ready for the olympics, you can make certain of that. How about you?"

"I think someday, I'm going to be high on these meds." Itachi laughed, making Sasuke laughed in response.

Are we certain this guy is sick? Sakura shivered.

"So what's your name?"

"Sakura Haruno, sir."

"Aha, don't be so formal." Itachi grinned, "I'm Itachi, though Sasuke's probably already told you that."

"Yeah."

"So how do you know Sasuke? Are you one of his ultimate fangirls?"

"Actually." Sasuke chuckled, "she's the complete opposite. She absolutely hated the sound of my name."

"Heh. I did at one point, too." Itachi agreed, "wait a second, you're the swimmer girl that Sasuke told me about! I remember you now!"

"Yep. That's me." Sakura smiled sarcastically, "Sasuke's told me all about you, too."

"Well, she's certainly a keeper." Itachi elbowed Sasuke, "eh, am I right?"

"Give her time." Sasuke reassured his brother, "she'll fall for me eventually. Just watch."

These two... Sakura's brow twitched in annoyance, "listen, Sasuke, I can go, if—"

"No, no, you're fine. We're just having a little fun." Sasuke laughed.

"Ah."

"Oh, Sasuke. I need to have a word with you." Itachi eyed Sakura, "I didn't know you'd bring her, though."

"What? What is it?"

"Sakura, I hope you wouldn't mind stepping out for a second." Itachi smiled.

"Not at all." She nodded as she turned to head out of the room. Once she shut the door behind her, she leaned against the wall. I hope everything's okay. Hold on a second... What if they're talking about me?! Oh Sasuke, you wily little brat...

A few minutes later, Sasuke came out to join her, but he didn't go back in. He let the door close behind him.

"Sasuke! I swear, if you two were..." Her voice trailed off when she took in Sasuke's appearance, "Sasuke? You okay?"