Chapter 2: Kisses in Paris

Magnus was already awake as he got some coffee and breakfast for him and his guest. Alec was still asleep on the couch. Just as he placed the tray on his coffee table in front of him. The shadowhunter woke up. "Morning sleeping beauty."

"What time is it? I need to go back to the Institut." He stood up from the couch.

"Stay for breakfast." The warlock didn't want his date to go already.

"No, I really have to go. Besides the agreement was one date. I'm sorry I feel asleep." The shadowhunter wandered to the door.

"Next time we can go to Tokyo or Paris." Ignoring what his opponent said Magnus smiled.

"I can't- I mean it's nice from you to- I just don't know- It's- I'll just go." After he said that Alec hurried out of the warlocks apartment and back to the Institut.

"See you soon."

As the young man returned to the Institut his sister nearly jumped onto him. "Sooo? You stayed the night?" Her brother just tried to walk away.

"What happened? Didn't you enjoy it?" Isabelle walked beside him looking at him confused. 

"Why would I've enjoyed it. It's not like I wanted to go. I had to."

"But he seemed so nice."

Alec didn't want to accept that he actually enjoyed it. That he might feel something for the warlock. After all, he was a man and a downworlder. His parents would want him to get married to a shadowhunter sooner or later. So even if he felt something for him. Was he ready to give up his life for him? He could lose his job, his family, everything.

But there was something about Magnus. About that Night they shared. He liked it. He enjoyed it. Being in that club with him. Sitting on that park bench. The kisses they had. His beautiful eyes. Alec didn't want to let him go. But he knew he had to. Sooner or later and he knew the sooner the better.

"Alec, I know you. What are you thinking about?" Izzy grabbed him by his arm.

"Nothing. I told you what you wanted to know."

Just as Isabelle wanted to argue the alarm went off.

"I'll discuss this with you after the mission." Isabelle decided she wouldn't give up on her ship. 

A few days later Magnus called Alec again. Asking him out. Even though the shadowhunter knew he couldn't have what he wanted he agreed. He just needed to see him again. While he was getting ready his sister came in.

"Where are you heading, brother?" Isabelle grinned already knowing the answer. Her brother just rolled his eyes. "Magnus? I knew you like him. So what happened that night?"

"Just don't tell our parents. They would not like it." Alec started to tell her from the date he had with Magnus. Everything even how he fell asleep.

"You guys kissed?! That's so cute. Wait! That means you lied to me? There was never a Jessica Hawkblue!" The brother looked away annoyed. "I should get going now." 

"You want to wear that?"

"Yes, why not?" Alec seemed confused as Isabelle started searching through his stuff. Without saying anything her brother walked out, saving himself the trouble of changing into like 25 outfits until she was satisfied.

The two met in front of the Institut. "Hey." Alec smiled at his date. "Let's go before my sister comes out here."

"Sure." Magnus opened a portal. "After you." While they stepped through it, they didn't notice that someone was watching them.