Chapter 12: Peace and broken limbs

Magnus was still holding Alec as the sun rose. He had promised to keep him safe and he was not about to break that promise.

It was dead quiet even after the shadowhunter woke up. The two were just sitting there. Nobody had something to say. It was just the beating of hearts.

Magnus wanted to know what exactly happened but he knew that Alec hated it when he asked him about such things since the shadowhunter would just feel guilty for dragging him into it.

He knew that Magnus would want to help but he didn't want help especially not from his boyfriend. 

Alec knew that he tended to be kind of cold sometimes and he tried his best to avoid it. What he didn't know was that the warlock understood that Alec was like that and loved him nonetheless.

They would just keep each other safe as they can. That meant keeping each other out of trouble and their businesses. 

Since Alec met Magnus it changed something in him. He even started to dream about leaving. Alec hadn't really seen a lot of the world yet and being a shadowhunter usually meant that your lifespan decreases depending on your enemy.

All those stories Magnus always told him made him curious about what the world had to offer.

"Maybe we should take a vacation," the shadowhunter suggested. This was pretty sudden and made Magnus confused since he never thought that Alec was someone who liked to travel even if he was pleasantly surprised.

"That would be great but you need to get better first." The warlock smiled and kissed his boyfriend's forehead.

"Okay. I love you, Mags." The shadowhunter smiled and tried to get up. Sadly it didn't work since he was still hurting a lot. A cough escaped his throat as Magnus slowly and carefully pushed him down.

"Don't move. Your wounds are still severe and I don't want you to hurt yourself."

"But I want to help! I feel so useless just lying around. Let me at least call Jace and Izzy. They must be worried especially Jace." Alec looked at Magnus. His eyes still contained pain. "Please."

"Alright but you can do that without moving." The warlock gave his boyfriend his phone.

"Thank you." Alec took his phone and contacted them. The two were extremely worried but got calmer when they heard he was with Magnus.

The shadowhunter's mother and friends knew that if he was with Magnus they had nothing to worry about since he would never let anything happen to him.

The warlock loved Alec more than anything else and always wanted to keep him close so he could protect him. But at the same time he knew that the other wasn't a child who needed protection.

That was one of the many things Alec loved about Magnus. He loved that the warlock wouldn't treat him like a kid.