│Memories│*

"Love is hard to find, hard to keep, and hard to forget." 

Memories

~Ash~

"We're leaving in a few minutes" I tell Darren and turn to leave when he calls me back.

"Ash" he says and I knew what he was going to say.

"I know, I know, its fine, I understand" I say giving him a fake smile and wrap my arms around him in a hug.

"Take care, I'll visit soon kiddo" he says ruffling my hair and I sigh.

"Mom wants to meet both of us at Dad's house in a month" I say looking up at him and he frowns.

"Why?" he asks.

"I don't know" I reply and he nods.

"Here" he says putting something into my pocket. I take it out and grin. It was a Caramilk chocolate bar, my childhood favourite.

"Thanks Darren" I say and wave to him as Austin and I walked back to my group of friends.

Friends?

Were they considered my friends?

"Hey Ash" Amber says as we reach the front gates of dad's house.

"Do you want to go somewhere with me tomorrow?" she asks.

"Sure, where are we going?" I say smiling.

"Its surprise" she says shyly.

"I love surprises" I say smiling and enter the driveway when suddenly I feel something hit my back. I look down to see my shoe.

"You forgot it in the car!" Austin yells and drives away.

Did he just...

He threw a shoe at me!

Asshat.

"Sarah! I'm home!" I yell as I take off my leather jacket and hang it in the closet.

"Did you want dinner right now or later?" Sarah asks after giving me a hug.

"Right now would be fine. Why don't you join me?" I ask as I take a seat on a bar stool across from the stove she was cooking at.

"Okay" she says and puts out two plates of lasagna and I feel my mouth watering.

"This is so good Sarah!" I gush as I stuffed my face with it.

"Slow down" she says giggling and taking a bite of her own. I frown at that. That's what my mom had always said to me when we ate dinner.

"How are things going? Have you made any friends?" Sarah asks.

"Things are okay. I'm getting along quite well with Amber and Adam is fun" I say smiling and take a sip of water.

"That's great to hear. Have...never mind" she says.

"It's okay, you can ask me anything" I say.

"Have you smoked lately?" she asks hesitantly.

"It's been a few days since my last hit" I say thinking.

"So do you think you can you know...maybe stop?" Sarah asks curiously.

"I'm trying my best, Sarah. I really am but sometimes, I need a little something to keep me going" I say and she squeezes my hand reassuringly.

"Well, I want you to know, I'm here for you no matter what" she says and I smile.

"Oh, I forgot to mention, I'm going somewhere with Amber tomorrow, she says it's a surprise" I say and Sarah smiles.