│Surprises│*

"How ridiculous and how strange to be surprised at anything which happens in life"

Surprises

~Austin~

"What did you find out?" I hiss at Trey.

"Well uh...we found out that the red raven is from our school" Trey says.

"And how do you know that?" I ask.

"Antonio Sanchez. He is the personally dealer for the red raven. He was seen at the school two weeks ago, that means that the red raven is in our school" he says and I grin.

"We just keep getting closer to the red raven" I say and Trey nods.

"Bring in Sanchez tomorrow night, I want to talk to him. Personally" I say and Trey makes a call to our main man, Ivan.

~Ash~

"Amber, are you sure?" I ask.

"Yes, Ash he's not home for a week so we're okay" Amber says.

"Here" I say handing her a box from my pocket.

"What is this?" she asks.

"This is paracetamol, it will help with the pain. Tell your mom to take it two to four times a day" I say and she nods.

"How did you know that?" she asks smiling.

"My mom's a doctor" I say proudly.

'Thanks Ash, I'll see you at school tomorrow" Amber says and leaves to hop on the bus.

I sigh sadly. I had no idea she was going through so much. I start to walk into the kitchen when I start to feel that annoying pain in my abdomen again.

"Hey are the cramps back again?" Sarah says and I nod. She hands me some Tylenol.

"Thanks" I say grateful and pop a couple of pills. I head upstairs to get ready for the engagement party.

Although I hate Amy and my dad for doing this to mom, mom would have told me to be a part of dad's celebration because everyone deserves happiness.

But who said I wasn't allowed to have some fun of my own?

I head upstairs and shower. I put on a black high low dress with cutouts on it. I put on some toner on my skin to hide the scars and do my makeup. I apply a smokey eye with nude lips. I smile as I look at myself in the mirror.

Poor Amy, it's her engagement, yet I was going to get all of the attention.

"Ash! Trey's here!" Sarah yells and I smile.

Trey was here to help me 'enjoy' the party and to keep me company. He wasn't a jerk like Austin. He was sweet and nice. He was a good boy.

"Wow..." Trey says looking me up and down and I blush.

"You look gorgeous" he says smiling and I smirk.

"I know," I say winking and he chuckles, "you look better than usual," I say teasing him.

"Now let's go downstairs and have a great time" I say looping my arm through Trey's.

I smile victoriously as I walk out of the limo with Trey beside me. All eyes are on me as I walk graciously beside Trey. Reporters flock to us.

"Miss DeLauro-"

"Harper" I correct the reporter.

"Right, miss harper, who is this young man with you?" the reporter asks eagerly and I resist the urge to roll my eyes at her.