│Bullets│*

"Did you really want to die?"

"No one commits suicide because they want to die."

"Then why do they do it?"

"Because they want to stop the pain." 

Bullets

~Ash~

I pump power into my legs as I run to the elevator. I push the ground button and look around. I remain tense as the elevator descends down. The ride down is torturously slow and I anxiously hug myself. The doors open revealing a member of the Dragons.

Ivan Marshall.

He is the same man who shot an arrow in my thigh in the woods when I went camping with everyone.  I reach out and pin him against the elevator wall as the doors close again.

"How did you find me?" I hiss at him.

"I'm here to help" he says and I raise an eyebrow.

"The last time I checked, your leader, Austin Aimes wanted to kill me" I say bitterly and he smirks.

"Ever wonder why I didn't tell him who you are?" he asks all of a sudden.

"I'm not giving you anything for your oh-so-amazing deed" I say and he chuckles.

"You're five minutes away from death and still putting out those sarcastic comments, you really are made for the gang" he says and I glare at him.

"I have to get out of here and you need to leave" I say to him as I step back from him.

"You need my help" he says.

"No I don't" I say firmly.

"Your arm is probably hurting like a bitch right now, and Dominic is after you. Don't be so stubborn" he says.

"You can follow but don't make noise" I say, deciding that I'm not putting another person's life in danger.

As the door opens, I look around and motion of Ivan to follow me. We both quietly walk into the parking lot.  I smile as I see Dominic.

"We're taking his car? What if it's got a tracker in it?" he asks and I smirk. I ease open the door with a crowbar that I knew Dominic had on the bottom of the car and sit in the driver's seat. I unplug the small camera in the dashboard and the tracker on the steering wheel.

"How did-"

"Shut up" I cut in and he nods getting into the passenger seat. Open the compartment in front of you" I tell him and he opens it. I grab the gun from there and load it.

"Just in case" I say handing him the gun. Just as I manage to hotwire the car, I hear yelling.

"Get back here!" Dominic yells running towards the car and I take that as I my cue to speed away. I floor the pedal and drive out onto the road. I look back to see Dominic following us in a van. I swerve in front of a bus and a truck to put distance in us.

I can feel my heart beat faster and faster as the distance between Dominic and us lessens.  A bullet shoots through the mirror beside my door and I tell Ivan to shoot. I drive in between cars, and go through a yellow light. I sigh in relief as Dominic stops at the red light. 

Two hours later, Ivan and I are about twenty minutes away from LA and the car runs out of gas.

"Looks like we gotta walk now" Ivan says.

"No, I'm walking home, you can hop on a bus or call one of your gang groupies" I say.

"What-"

"Yes I let you come with me, but that was only to get you away from Dominic. The dragons and the Ravens, they've always hated each other, but I've never liked that. And me leaving you to fend for yourself, no matter how strong you think you are, you could've died, and in turn would've made the gang drama worse" I say and he nods.