│A Helping Hand│*

"A wealthy and wise man doesn't shake hands with people, he gives an helping hand." 

A Helping Hand

~Ash~

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Smash.

"Get ready for another day in hell" I say to myself as I grab my stuff and head downstairs for breakfast. I subconsciously relax not seeing anyone other than Sarah and Darren there.

"Good morning Sarah, Darren" I say smiling as I sit down at the table. Sarah hands me an everything bagel with half butter and half cream cheese.

"So what's up?" Darren asks as we eat.

"Nothing much, just eating and then going to school. You know, like most teenagers in America" I say teasing him and he chuckles.

"I'm not that old, it's not been that long since I graduated" he says.

"Darren, you're twenty four years old, you graduated seven years ago due to the smart genes, which are very much like mine" I point out and he rolls his eyes.

"So how is Sophie? Or Sophia was it?" I ask.

"Its Sophia, and she's fine" he says flustered.

"Oh? She was pretty pissed off when I last saw her or rather the first time I met her?" I say.

"Whatever" Darren says gulping down orange.

"So what happened when I locked you two up together?" I say and watch as he starts to choke on his drink. I pound his back to help him.

"So what happened?" I ask and he blushes.

"We...uh...we made out and I was so drunk out of my mind. When I woke up this morning beside her...it felt different... I told her I didn't know if what we had was good or not and then she left" he says and frowns a little.

"How do you feel about her not talking to you?" I ask.

"I don't know Ash...not very happy" he says nervously.

"Okay see how it goes for the next week" I say and he nods.

"Hey Darren can I borrow your phone today?" I ask.

"Sure, I'm going to be here for a few hours more anyway" he says handing me his phone.

"Why? Don't you have a practice?" I ask.

"No, not this week and dad said he wanted to talk to me about something" he says and I nod.

"Well I'll get going then, bye" I say giving my older brother a hug. I grab my new guitar and head out the door to my motorcycle.

"Hey Amber" I say to the girl I hadn't seen in a while.

"h-hi" she says and I notice that she was trembling.

"Are you okay?" I ask and she nods.

"Are you sure Amber, you're trembling" I say.

"I'm fine" she says and I nod.

"Well you can tell me anything if you need to you" I tell her and head to math with her. I wave to Adam who takes a seat beside me while Austin sits on my other side. I tell Adam to move beside Amber and he nods.

"Hey" Austin says and I wave to him, not even glancing his way. I rest my head on the desk facing Austin who is texting someone.

"Who are you texting?" I ask out of boredom.