2. HOW DID I LET THIS HAPPEN???

Lacey

"You know this is a monumentally bad idea, right?" My best friend tells me. "Like, the worst one ever. Nothing good will come of this."

"Sophie, it's not that bad, really." I just shake my head. She is a bit over dramatic most of the time. Or all of the time actually.

"Ha! We'll see how bad." Sophie puts her head back and laughs. She had come over almost the minute I had gotten back from the meeting, wanting all of the details. She was pretty disappointed that I had fallen for Phil's bribe of a product line.

"It's only two days, I can handle him for two days." I try to reassure her, but even I don't believe the crap I've started to spew.

"No, it's two NIGHTS," she says, emphasizing the time frame. "That's very different then two days. Lots of crap goes down at night."

"Who do you think I am? You aren't suggesting that I'd..." there was no way I was finishing that sentence.

"No!" she shouts, "but things happen, boundaries are looser. It's just not a good idea for you. I mean, he's hot for sure, but a total douche."

I just shake my head at Sophie's opinion. I agree that he is a big douche, way too excited about camping and the outdoor life, but he is not hot.

"You've got to be kidding me! He's not that great. And there is no way his face can overcome his personality, I hate guys who are all crazy for the grunge life."

I am all about beauty and skin care. Roughing it is not me, at all. I am planning to take all the necessities to create a luxurious experience. And the fact that it will probably piss Travis off is just a bonus.

"I see that look on your face," Sophie tells me. "That's the one that gets you into trouble. every.time."

I feel my eyes roll, without even trying. "I'm not going to get into trouble. I'm just going to ruin Travis' plans, that's all. This camping trip will be more girly than he's used to."

Sophie laughs, "Oh is that all! I still think this whole thing is a tragedy in the making. But whatever, tell me what you need and I'm in."

I knew she wouldn't let me down, Sophie always backed me up.

"Good, because we have some research to do. I want easy, gourmet camping meals, glampy sleeping quarters, and Oh! Fairy lights are a must!" My wheels are turning, I have zero camping experience but a little knowledge would go a long way.

"Yeah, sounds cool. I'm down," Sophie says as she pulls out her phone and starts searching up ideas. "How about some glam camp clothes, and simple makeup techniques too."

"Perfect." I nod. "See, it's already coming together. "Camping with Travis" just became "Glamping with Lacey."

Sophie huffs a little laugh, "So, who's gonna tell Travis?"

Oh, right. I'll still have to deal with the douche. "I have a meeting with his people next week to go over specifics. He may not even be there, I think they like to keep the meet up part for the actual camp out. And I think my touches will be best kept a surprise as well."

"Yeah, good luck with that..." Sophie says as her eyes are still glued to her phone. I just might need that luck.

^^^^^

Thanks for reading! I'd love it if you'd add your vote!

Do you think Lacey's plan will backfire? We shall soon see! And who'd like to meet Travis? That's coming up!!