9. HE DID WHAT?!?

Lacey

Worms. He made me touch worms. And fish. And fish guts. I shudder from the memory and continue scrubbing my hands with soap. I can't seem to get the slimy feeling or the smell off of my hands.

Good thing I brought the scented lotion. I grab the bottle and add some to my palm, rubbing it all over my hands and arms. I sniff, seems like it did the trick. Citrus scents are pretty good at masking other stenches. Satisfied, I turn and walk toward the tent.

The tent. One. What the hell is wrong with this guy bringing one tent? I feel my face form a scowl, so I pause and take a deep, calming breath. No need to create unnecessary wrinkles over this douche. Calmed, I continue to walk to the tent.

He had turned my twinkle lights off, and there was no moon, so other than the glow from my phone flashlight, it is pitch dark. At least the darn thing is good for something.

No reception. They should have mentioned that at the meeting. When I asked Mac about it as we cleaned the fish, he said they don't give out details to add to the reaction factor.

Nice.

But overall, the day hadn't been that bad. I wasn't going to become a camper, that's for sure, but I was doing a decent job. Travis, however, could go to he-

I guess that's pretty harsh, but he could go away. His you're an idiot tone had gotten old fast. I'm ready to go home and leave his mop of curls here. Handsome or not, his attitude continues to make me sick. But I have to finish what I started, so off to bed it is.

--💋⛺️--

Sometime during the night, in my semi-conscious state, I feel my body roll over seeking warmth. The tent is small, just enough room for two people, but the temperature must have dropped into the forties. Part of my brain is asleep. The part that's awake, however, is freezing.

I roll into something hard and warm. For a split second, I relax into the pleasant heat with relief. Then I feel something wrap around me, pulling me closer to the source of the heat. A pair of strong arms hold me tight. A sigh escapes my lips and a sense of contentment washes over me. It's peaceful, and somehow feels right.

Then the little awake part of my brain starts spinning. Who has wrapped their arms around me? My brain is confused, not understanding why there is someone with me. Suddenly, it hits me.

Travis.

I'm camping with Travis, and we are sleeping in a tent. My eyes fly open but I can't see a thing. Without a moon, nothing comes into view. I blink several times, trying to adjust my sight, but even after several minutes...nothing.

My mind starts to panic, how will I get out of this position without waking him up? There's no way I want him to know about this. He would use it against me, I'm sure. The only thing I can do is lay there calmly and wait for him to roll or move enough for me to escape back to my side. And then I'm going to move as far away from him as I can.

While I relax my breathing in order to settle in and wait, I turn my head slightly so that it's resting against his chest. I'm tucked right under his chin, sort of perfectly actually. His arms are holding me around my back, strong arms, toned and fit. My eyes flutter shut and my heart starts to race a little.

Then I inhale deeply and notice his scent. Books always describe a guy's scent as citrus or the sea or the woods. Travis smells like none of that. He smells like fish, smoke, sweat, and dirt. But there's something sexy about it, it's not gross or unpleasant. It brings back the images of him exerting himself carrying my bags, or standing behind me, with his arms wrapped around mine, teaching me how to fish. Or digging out the fire pit.

I lay there, waiting for him to adjust his arms so I can roll away, but he doesn't move. Not an inch. Before I know it, my eyes get heavy again. I can't keep them open. And I fall asleep wrapped up in Travis.

Morning comes, with light pooling through the thin tent fabric. I open my eyes with a start, remembering the compromising position we had been in last night. But Travis is gone.

I'm alone in the tent, on his side. And I can't help but wonder if he knows about last night.

^^^^^
I couldn't wait for this update!! 😱 whoops, looks like Sophie had a point about two nights in a tent...

^^^^^I couldn't wait for this update!! 😱 whoops, looks like Sophie had a point about two nights in a tent

If you liked it, please add your vote! I'd love to hear your thoughts, too! 💋

Clickbait is next, but Travis and Lacey have no reception....hmmm

hmmm