7. CAMPING GONE WRONG!!

Lacey

"Where do you want all of this, ma'am?" The driver asks as he's holding four of the bags I had packed.

"Um, I'm not sure. We'll have to ask the guys." I shrug.

We made it to the site after a two hour drive, which started at oh-dark-thirty. I am not a morning person, so this is torture already. And the camping part hasn't even happened yet.

"Did they tell you where they would be?" I ask him. After all, he was hired by the show, not me.

"No." He answers. Not a man of many words.

"Looks like you found us," a voice from behind me says. I turn to look at said voice, already expecting it to be Travis. But I am not expecting my reaction.

My heart jumps right up into my throat and I almost choke on my own tongue. The heat in my cheeks is a dead giveaway, too. Blushing at how damn hot Travis is in person wasn't the impression I wanted to give. But I can't help the physical reaction I have. Honestly, something must be wrong with the cameras he uses, because this guy is like nothing I've ever seen in my life.

Everything from his dirty blond mop of curls, to the scruffy beginnings of a beard, to his piercing hazel eyes made my pulse race. I hate outdoorsy, I'm a hotel kind of girl. But if being outdoors meant being near this definition of masculinity, I'm down for a little hike or two.

I'm sure I look like an idiot, but before I make a complete fool of myself and drool all over him, I pull it together and plaster my fake YouTube smile on my lips. It's all a show, right? Might as well start acting now.

"I wasn't aware we were playing hide and seek," I reply, jutting my hip out. It's my on-screen persona, which I've always felt was tougher than the real me.

Travis just raises one eyebrow, then gives me the once over. He's got an obvious distain for me already. Up until I saw him in the flesh, the feeling had been mutual. Now...I'm not so sure.

"How the hell many bags did you bring, woman?"

Hmm, and the mutual distain has returned.

"Why? Do a few little bags scare you?" Now it's my turn to raise my eyebrow.

"Your concept of "a few" needs some work. That's more like a bakers dozen." He points to the pile of bags the driver had made, just as the dust from his car speeding away flies in my face.

He may have had a point. I did pack a lot, but I had a lot of accessories for my glamping tips. "It's all part of my promotion plan for your show. I'll be tweeting out tips as we go, these are necessary tools." I gesture to the pile.

"Good luck with that."

"Haha, thanks." I cross my arms and shake my head at his dismissive tone.

"No. I actually mean Good luck, there's no reception out there."

What! My mouth falls open in shock. How is that possible? How did I not know?

"Um, how am I supposed to stay in contact with the outside world?" I'm trying to hold back the panic that's about to consume me.

"You don't, princess." He smirks. "Now, grab some of these bags, we have a half-mile hike to the site. And I'm only making one trip, so whatever we can't carry gets left behind."

I clamp my jaw shut, keeping the expletive laden rant swirling on my tongue to myself. I have to admit one thing, Sophie was right. I was going to need luck to survive the next two days.

And nights.

Dang it!

^^^^^

Hmmm, Travis has her all tied up in knots.

Thanks for reading, I'd love a vote if you liked it!! Stay tuned for clickbait! 💋⛺️