E3 - YOU SHOULDA LISTENED...

Luc

"You're so whipped!" Travis tells me. He's got that smug ass look on his face, too. The one that irritates the hell out of me.

"Says the dude who just bought eight thousand twinkle lights to get a girlfriend."

"Well...that was-"

"Don't even try it, bro." I put my hand up to stop his blathering. Honestly, we both got whipped. And it was out of the fricken blue.

There I was, minding my own business, trying to mess with Lacey's friend so the damage from the camp out wouldn't be so bad, and she blew me up in four letters.

Ur on

I didn't think she'd be so clued in to what was about to go down between them. It actually made me feel better for Travis. If Lacey's best friend thought he'd own her, she wasn't the type to ruin his reputation. She wasn't the type to trash him all over L.A., even thought that was the persona she projected on her channel.

But as soon as Soph bet on Travis, willingly, I fell, hard. That's some kind of woman right there, and I had to have her. Cool for me that she felt the same way. Like a fricken freight train running me down, that's how fast it hit me. No turning back now, either. I'm in. She's it.

"You got a strange look on your face, man." Travis shakes his head.

"Yeah, no doubt it's the same look you've had on your face ever since that camp out." I say as I get up off of his couch and head to the door. I've wasted enough time listening to him ramble. There's better things to do with my day.

"Leaving so soon?" He calls from the editing section of his living room. YouTubers have to live where they work, apparently.

"Yup. Off to see someone who doesn't irritate me."

"Tell Sophie I said hi." He adds as the door closes.

He nailed it, though. She's the only one who doesn't irritate me anymore. And she calls me on my crap, which by the way is a huge turn on. I pull my phone out to give her a heads up that I'm on my way. Then think better of it.

Surprises are always better. I'll just show up at her place. That should put a smile on her face.

Imagine my surprise when it doesn't.

"What are you doing here?" She asks. It's clear that Sophie is not happy about me dropping by.

"What do you mean? Can't a guy come see his girl when he feels like it?"

"No! I need notice! I need information!" She's animated as she's yelling at me, hands flying around. She's standing in front of the door, keeping me from coming in. Dang, what is she hiding from me? It's true I don't know her that well, we're still in those beginning stages.

Could she be hiding a guy in there?

Crap. She's already cheating on me.

"Soph, who's in there?" I ask her, all humor gone. If she wants this guy, she can have him.

"What?" she says in shock. It figures that she didn't think I'd find out eventually.

"Who are you hiding? That's the only explanation for your reaction."

The look on her face resembles a rabid dog. I'm about to be dog food.

"I'm not hiding anyone, you tool! My place is a mess and I didn't want you to find out I was a slob! Why the heck would you assume I'm cheating on you!"

Dang it! This went bad fast. I'm an idiot, apparently, and better fix this right now.

I take a step closer to her, putting my arms around her waist. Thankfully she lets me, and then looks me in the eye as I give her my apology face. It's a thing.

"I guess I still can't believe someone as awesome and beautiful as you would give me the time of day. But I should trust in us more. Forgive me?"

Her eyebrows relax, and the angry dog face softens. Then she puts her arms around me and lays her head against my chest.

"Yeah. You know, I kind of feel the same way about you. Which is why you're not coming in."

"What?"

Sophie looks up at me, "Let's wait a few more weeks until you meet sloppy Sophie. I mean, you've already met grungy Sophie. Let's leave it at that for now."

I laugh, then lean down to kiss her. "Whatever you say, babe. I'm yours, all the Sophies."

^^^^^

Luc right?! Haha, they are fun together. And I think they keep each other in their place, too. We all need someone to call us out occasionally.

Clickbait is always the best part, so it's coming right up! Thanks for your votes!!