10. I'M HIDING SOMETHING!!

Travis

I woke up on the second day of hell with one arm behind my head and a heavy weight on my chest. Not a figurative weight, a literal, actual weight. And it had hair, long brown hair that smelled like oranges.

How the hell did that chick end up on top of me? I'm freaking out, she would rip me a new one if she knew where her head was right now. I don't think I can take hours of her verbal lashing if she finds out.

Part of me wishes I could just lay there and smell her hair, maybe hold her a little closer. She's completely different when the attitude is gone. After I went to the tent, I lay awake wondering if I could somehow pull the "chill Lacey" back out. I know she's in there.

The whole tent had been turned into one large fluff fest. Four of the dang bags she packed were full of pillows, blankets and mats to create what she called "glam sleeping quarters." She insisted on setting it up and stringing little battery operated lights inside as well. It looked like a little kids play tent hide out. Freaking crazy, even though it was kind of comfortable.

She came to the tent a while later, in the pitch dark, thanks to me. There was no way I would sleep with twinkle lights on. That's basically a flashing motel sign for every animal and bug in the area. I pretended to be asleep and listened while she got settled in. No grumbling under her breath, no huffing or hair tossing. She was just herself, without the tone.

I wanted more.

Now, here I am, the peaceful version of this beautiful girl, laying on me. If only...

But I have to get out of here before she wakes up. I carefully slide over and away from her, letting her head slip off of my chest and lay on the sleeping zone. Then I get up and grab my stuff, crawling slowly out of the tent and far away from absolute trouble.

I'm shaken, still feeling a tingle from where her head was on my chest. My arm is twitching, wishing it could have wrapped around her.

Dang! What's wrong with me! I need to snap out of this and focus on the days events. I'm taking her rock climbing after breakfast. Something tells me it won't go very well.

I get cleaned up quickly and start to check over the Go-Pros, making sure everything is prepped. As I'm hooking the second one up to Lacey's helmet, I sense her approach me. My mind is stealing itself for her morning 'tude to greet me.

"Hey," she says tentatively, as if she's nervous.

I snap my head up to her and notice she's blushing. Or at least that's what it looks like. But maybe she just slept on her face or something. That must be it, she was asleep when I left, no way she knows about our sleeping position.

"Morning," I say and look back to the cameras.

"I can get breakfast going. I brought some stuff," she says.

"Yeah ya did," I snort back. Crap. I wasn't planning on saying it harshly, but that's what came out. Habit already I guess.

Without another word, she turns and walks away. I might be crazy, but it seems like she's stomping. I check again, yup stomping in a huff. Looks like the 'tude showed up. Right on time.

^^^^^

Umm...this went down hill fast. Well, maybe that rock climbing thing will fix things between them. Or not...

Thanks for reading, I'd love a little vote if you liked it

Thanks for reading, I'd love a little vote if you liked it. And as always, clickbait is next!!

 And as always, clickbait is next!!