4. SHE SAID WHAT?!?

Travis

Mac and Joe are meeting with Lacey at their main office. The two of them have made a name for themselves filming extreme sports. They've done it all; heli-skiing, sheer face mountain climbing, sky-diving. They film everything. I hooked up with them during my biking days and now they're on my team.

They set up the shoot, meet with the guest to get a feel for their interests, and film the first day. Then they take off and the rest is filmed by myself or the guest. We do the typical Go-Pro stuff too.

But today it's all about the princess. I don't know what possessed a girl as uptight as her to agree to roughing it, but here we are. I decided to watch from the screening room. Joe films everything, including this first meeting, and I want a front row seat. Even though it's technically breaking our protocol, it seems necessary so I don't get ambushed. This way she'll be the one caught off guard instead of me.

Lacey was quiet when she first got here, but the look on her face said this is beneath me. I can see the wheels turning in her head, she thinks the show is supposed to put her on display, keep her up on some pedestal because she's well known and I'm not.

We'll see about that.

"So talk to me about the food situation," she says to the guys.

"Hmm, well, there will be food," Joe answers.

"Right, obviously," she rolls her eyes like a fricken teenager. "But what is the menu? I'm not going to eat worms or forest berries and break out in hives."

Mac starts to laugh then covers it with a cough. Joe looks confused, his eyebrows bunched together.

"Why would you think he'd feed you worms?" Joe asks. Mac can barely keep it together.

"Ha! All you grunge people like to eat from the Earth," she says with air quotes, "and that's not going to work for me." The girl actually crosses her arms. What the hell is with miss high and mighty?

Joe matches her posture, crossing his arms as well. I love that guy. "Well, I guess those decisions will be up to Travis, you know, considering it's his show."

Lacey narrows her eyes at Joe, glaring. It's actually funny that she thinks that will work and she'll get her way.

"Okay, I see where this is going. Is there anything else we need to cover? Otherwise I have preparations of my own to make." It sounds like there might be actual venom in her voice. Poison.

"No, no we're through here. Mac, you good?" Joe says, looking over to his partner in crime. Mac just nods his head. "Looks like you can leave, and we'll see you next week."

Joe stands and reaches a hand out to shake hers. Lacey does the limp wrist, half shake kind of move, barf, and then turns fast, making her hair fly around her shoulders. Just as she reaches the door handle, she turns back and tosses a kiss their way.

"Thanks, boys. It's been fun," she calls out as she's walking through the door. The second it closes both Mac and Joe start busting up.

"Damn! Trav has his hands full with her!" Mac laughs.

"This should be his best episode yet," Joe says back. I didn't tell them I was watching the meeting in the back. And I won't be telling them anytime soon.

Time to plan some things with Luc.

^^^^^

So, that was Lacey through Travis' eyes. I know she may have seemed like a snot, but now we need to find out what was going through her mind...

 I know she may have seemed like a snot, but now we need to find out what was going through her mind

Clickbait coming up next! Don't forget to add that lovely little vote!! Thanks 😊