E2 - WE FINALLY DID IT!!

Lacey

The walkway to Travis front door is lined with weeds. He has even brought the grunge look to his front porch! There is something sexy about the outdoor thing, but honestly it doesn't need to extend to yard work. I'll have to work on curb appeal with him. His place could really use a make-over.

Hey, if I wasn't messing with his scruffy beard, the least I could do was trim up his lawn.

My heart is racing a little. I haven't been to his house yet. Ever since we got back from camping, he's been working on editing episodes, meeting with his production crew or working on his product line with The Outdoor Life. We have hardly seen each other and I am ready to see if this attraction between us will grow into something more, or if it has just been the magic of my glamping.

It's hard to tell at this point.

I knock on the front door, heart pounding with anxiety, and wait a few seconds before I hear footsteps approaching. He's walking fast, like he can't wait to open the door. When the door does open, I find Travis' wide smile and those eyes trained on me. My heart does a little dance, especially when he reaches for me.

But what I think is about to be a kiss, ends up with his hand over my eyes.

"Hey! You'll ruin my lashes!" I call out.

"No peeking," he says simply, then puts his other arm around my waist, which no lie, I really love, and then leads me into his house. Is it that bad inside that he has to hide the mess from me like this?

"Travis, what-" I start to ask, but before I can finish the question, he removes his hand from my eyes.

"Oh," I gasp.

"I have some unfinished business in there so I thought we could recreate the atmosphere," he explains.

Set in front of me, taking up most of Travis' small living room, is the glam sleeping quarters from our camp out. Travis remembered every detail; the quilts and blankets, all the little pillows everywhere, even the twinkle lights that he refused to turn on. Not only had he lit them up, but I'm pretty sure there are at least twice as many.

My hand comes up to cover my mouth in surprise. I'm excited to see how much effort he's putting into this, but at the same time, it's feeding right into my worries that our whole relationship is contingent on the glamping.

"Do you like it?" he asks with concern.

"Of course!" I say, turning to throw my arms around his neck. As I do, he scoops me up and carries me over to the tent, laying me right in the middle of the cushy glam. Then his lips find their way to mine, capturing them in a passionate lock. If I thought my heart was racing before...

Without warning, Travis pulls away, and as usual I trail after him, seeking those warm lips. He puts a finger to my mouth, silently telling me to wait patiently. But I can't help the pout that forms on my own lips.

"There's something I need to do first," he says. My eyebrows raise at his words. "I can't keep going on this way."

My mouth drops open and a flush of nerves runs through me. I wondered about this, how long it would last. Something in my gut has been preparing me for the moment when Travis said he'd had enough. But I guess nothing can prepare a person for actually having it happen.

"Whoa, are you okay?" he asks, the nerves must be written all over my face. I take a deep breath, ready to just face the inevitable.

"Just say whatever it is. I can handle it," I whisper, not believing my own words.

"Um...yeah, okay." Travis suddenly looks nervous too. "Well, I know we haven't spent that much time together since the camping trip."

I nod my head, not trusting my own voice now.

"And I want that to change," he adds, causing a frown to form on my face. Wrinkles! I force the frown down.

"What are you saying?" I ask.

"I'm saying, I want to make this official, us. That is, if you want there to be an us." He pauses, waiting for me to respond. "So, do you?"

I'm speechless. Is he asking me what I think he's asking me?

"I...I..." is all I seem to get out.

"Because I know this thing has been fast. And I wasn't expecting it either. But you're just so...the person I can see myself with. The person I need to be with."

My heart just fricken melted into a puddle. How does a girl respond to that?

"Was that too much? Too soon?" Travis asks, the worry clear in his voice.

Without another word or thought, I tackle him and knock him into the pillows, kissing him as madly as I possibly can. Travis doesn't hesitate to return those kisses.

About an hour later, Travis whispers in my ear, "So is that a yes?"

I smile and whisper back, "oh, yes."

^^^^^

Poor Lacey! She thought she was about to get dumped! But she should have realized that a guy doesn't set up a glam tent to break up with a girl... Just saying.

Clickbait has been delayed, I just haven't had a second to work on them. But either tonight (West coast CA time) or tomorrow it will be up.

Thanks for the lovely votes and comments!! ❤️💋