Chapter Twenty Nine

08/15-16-17/2017

"What?" Ryder asked, impatiently, waiting for Kristin's conditions.

"One, you have to stop getting angry at everything because you never did that before--"

"Yeah, before my father killed my brother and forced me to be the Alpha? I wonder why," he muttered sarcastically.

"Ryder," her voice softened, causing him to look back at her.

"Anything else?" He demanded before she could start pitying him.

"You have to listen to what I say. You can't just ignore me and do everything how you want," she said, thinking to how she really wanted Allison and Ryder to be able to be in the same room and not cause world war three.

"Okay," Ryder nodded, looking like he was just agreeing to her terms so they could stop having this conversation.

"One more thing," Kristin said, pausing, "We're going to take this whole mate thing slowly."

That seemed to get his attention again because he looked back up at her.

"What do you mean, 'mate thing'?"

Kristin struggled to hold his gaze, trying to keep her voice casual.

"You know, our relationship."

"I wasn't aware we had one," he said, his lips twitching upwards.

Kristin rolled her eyes, "My point exactly. We've only known each other for like three weeks."

"What's your definition of slowly," he raised his brow.

Of course he was interested in this, Kristin thought. At least he wasn't angry anymore. Now, it looked like he was amused.

"Slowly means slowly, Ryder."

"That doesn't answer my question, Kristin."

"It means we are going back to where we were before all of this happened," she stated simply.

"What?" Ryder raised his brows, "We didn't do anything before. You didn't even know we were mates."

"Thanks to you," she replied.

"So we're going back to being what? Roommates?" He said the word with disgust.

"Mhmm," she said, trying not to laugh at his frustration.

"Not going to happen. You're my mate Kristin. We're not going back to being in a fake arrangement."

"You know what I mean, please don't make me explain it," she shut her eyes.

"Why, explaining our 'relationship' is too hard for you?"

Kristin opened her eyes to glare at him.

"You're the only one making it hard. Why can't we just be normal mates in a normal 'relationship'?" He asked, putting quotations up with his fingers.