Chapter Forty Three

10/07&09/2017

"Ryder, I'm coming with you!" Kristin ran to catch up with him.

"I said you can stay here," he stopped by his car and turned around to watch her approach, "You don't need to go to this meeting."

"It's about the rogues, isn't it?" she asked, placing her hands on her hips.

Ryder watched her actions and shook his head, turning to get into his car.

Kristin quickly went around the vehicle to open the passenger door but heard the 'click' of Ryder locking the doors.

"Ryder, seriously?" she yanked on the handle, glaring at him.

He rolled down the window half way, looking like he was hiding a smirk.

"You're seriously just going to leave me here?" Kristin leaned down to the opened window.

Ryder sighed, looking at the wheel, probably debating whether he should let her come.

"I know this meeting is about the rogues, Ryder. I want to be there for it."

Ryder turned back to her, "You really want to be there?" he asked, not convinced.

"Yes."

"You don't have to come," he hesitated, hovering his finger over the unlock button.

"I want to come. Now open the damn door," Kristin tugged on the door handle again.

"Language," he muttered while unlocking it.

"You swear all the time," Kristin pointed out, getting into the car. She was just happy he had let her go.

"That doesn't mean you should," he made a face, driving the car down the road.

Kristin turned to give him a weird look. He could swear, but she couldn't? Truthfully, she didn't like to swear, yet sometimes a word or two would slip out. She just wanted to spite Ryder.

"I can do whatever I want," she replied, watching him roll his eyes.

"Of course you can," he muttered under his breath.

"What's that supposed to mean?" she raised her brow.

"What?" he kept his eyes on the road.

"What you said."

"I didn't say anything," he shrugged, breaking into a smirk when he saw Kristin's expression.

"Where are we going?" Kristin asked when Ryder didn't turn down the road to the pack house.

"We're going to stop by the fighters' grounds first."

Kristin eyed him suspiciously, wondering if he was really going to include her with everything. She hated that he thought she couldn't handle things since she had nightmares. She wanted to be a part of this pack, even if it involved serious matters.

When they drove up to an area where everyone was outside training, almost everyone stopped what they were doing to watch them park.

Kristin looked out her window nervously as Ryder turned the car off.

"What exactly are we doing?" she questioned, still looking at everyone's curious glances towards their car.

Ryder looked past her to the numerous fighters in training.

"They're all staring at us," Kristin continued when he didn't say anything.

"It's because they want to meet you," he nodded towards them, and Kristin tore her gaze away from the large crowd.

"Sure," she said sarcastically, yet her voice was full of nerves.

"I'm serious," Ryder chuckled, "They've been asking me to bring you here all week."

"What? Who is they?" Kristin widened her eyes.

"Liam, Dan, basically all of the fighters," he replied casually.

"Why didn't you tell me?" she whisper-yelled. By this time almost everyone had gone back to their training, yet she didn't want anyone listening in to their conversation.

"Kristin," he waited until she looked back at him, "They literally just want to meet you. You don't have to do anything."

Kristin looked back to all of the guys outside, fighting with each other, doing strength activities, and shifting into their wolves. Silently taking a deep breath, she opened her door and got out.

Before she knew it, Ryder was at her side.

Everyone's eyes were glued to her as they made their way down to the area. The training field was a pretty far distance away, and everyone was just watching them. It made Kristin want to run back to the car.

"Why do they all have to stare," she whispered low enough so Ryder would only hear.

Ryder grabbed her hand and lightly squeezed, leading her down to the mass of fighters.

Kristin noticed they all looked to Ryder and immediately started to continue what they had been doing before. A small smile spread across her face when she realized he had probably told them to stop staring through the mind link.

Although she was nervous to meet all of the pack fighters, who had apparently wanted to meet her, she felt a sense of confidence walking by Ryder's side.

Whether it was all in her head, or the Luna side to her was finally making an appearance, she returned the stares of everyone, as well as their smiles she hadn't noticed before.

•. •. •. •.   •.

Chapter Forty Three!

Thanks for voting and commenting.

Hope you are enjoying.

Vote if you'd like!

Chica_2016