s e v e n

"I hope everyone has started with their profiles

"I hope everyone has started with their profiles."

Tahlia dropped her gaze down to her textbook, swiftly avoiding eye contact with Turner at those words.

If something that over a year of college had thoroughly taught Tahlia, was to know that by the word hope, Professor Turner meant 'you-goddamn-better-have'.

"In the real world, it all comes down to a criminal profile." The professor spoke in a monotone, "So make it count."

Her words made Tahlia flinch a little. She hadn't even touched her file yet.

While others talked in hushed tones about the victims and backgrounds of their diverse subjects, Tahlia could only mentally sigh at her limited knowledge about the mystery that was Logan Hunt.

And what information did she have about him, other than the fact that he thought of his deranged self as an artist? Nothing. Nothing at all.

All that she had managed to get from the past four meetings she'd had with that man, was, shit scared.

A huge part of her nagged at her obvious slack in schoolwork, making mental points to not let him sidetrack her from her priority.
She needed to be stronger. She had to.

Otherwise, it was going to cost her everything she'd worked for.

Suddenly, as if in a response triggered from her memory at her attempts to keep her shit together, their conversation from last time emerged in her mind, leaving her entirely unsettled.

"Every blood spilt tells a story."

She shook her head to force the horrid recollection away, mahogany curls flying everywhere.

"Tal, I think you're scaring the girl behind you."

She turned to Jace's voice, not bothering to see where he was pointing. She shot him a brief glare, before turning back to her book.

"Mr. Montgomery."
A strident tone turned both of their attention to an impassive faced Turner.

"Is there something interesting you need to discuss with Miss Meyers that you'd perhaps, like to share with the rest of the hall?"

Unlike other professors who did not give a single shit about what students did in class, Turner was quite the stickler for decorum.

With a very Jace Montgomery-esque grin on his face, he began, "Not at all, Miss T."

It most certainly didn't take a masters in deciphering expressions to know that the little nickname Jace had for Professor Turner, pissed her off on every pivotal level.