t h i r t y

The very first sensation to round it's way back into Tahlia's body, was the unmistakable feeling of her throat being completely and agonizingly parched

The saliva in her mouth could only keep the surface lubricated for so long without water, before the intense soreness from thirst had roused her out of her death like sleep.

The sound of something perked her ears. It was a faint thudding, so trivial that had she not been surrounded in perpetual silence, her mind would have never even perceived it in the first place.

Her face stirred sideways, a sudden throb creeping onto the nape of her neck, eliciting a small moan of discomfort from her cracked lips. Her vision was just coming to be, eyelids fluttering in and out of a pitch black void. As her body attempted to shift out of instinct, the realization that it wasn't just her throat that felt constricted, but also her limbs, jerked her brain awake.

Her eyes flew open, being met with the hazy outline of 3 walls. Sheer horror filled her veins as it registered that her torso was positioned upright on a chair, hands bound behind her back. As she abysmally attempted to lurch her body off it, the dreadful realization of her feet being fettered to the legs of the chair, ebbed her bolt for freedom. Her head darted around the place like a maniac, looking at the three wooden walls in front of her that entrapped her.

Her sight and her mind had by then, merely just begun to clear up, only pumping her with more trepidation as she apprehended the fact that she was tied up to a chair in an empty room.

Her head was spinning, but it was all starting to come back to her.

Coming back to the campus. Being followed. Finding the policeman dead and...

No.

No. No. NO.

She opened her mouth to scream, only to find that her voice refused to come out under her dry and heavy tongue.
As if mind-numbing panic hadn't seized her by the throat before, recalling that it was Logan himself who had put her in this predicament, her insides went into a frenzy.

Tahlia rabidly thrashed her body around in the chair, her bone-chilling revelation finally eliciting a few whimpers from her lips.

"Help." She croaked out with all of her strength.

She strained her neck to look all around the room, take in everything that she could. There was no door in front of her, or to her side; no windows either. There was however, a fireplace to her very right that would crackle aloud as the embers sizzled forebodingly. It's warm glint was the only source of light in the space.

Her neck was abnormally sore. All her muscles felt sore and aching for that matter, indefinitely cramped from being sat in the same position for hours.
But something about the her neck stuck out in an endless sea of discomfort. All she wanted to do was run her palms along the region, feel the tender flesh under her fingertips.