t w e n t y - t h r e e

"You've reached Joseph Scott, please leave a message after the tone

"You've reached Joseph Scott, please leave a message after the tone."

"Dr. Scott? This is Tahlia Meyers,"

Her voice began, short-winded, the hint of urgency in her tone more transparent than ever.

"I know it's been a very long time since we've spoken, three years I think, and that this is coming out of nowhere; but uh- I was hoping...maybe you could refill my prescription for Prozac."

She paused, trying to catch her breath, brushing her fingers against her forehead daintily,
"I— I really need it. Uhm, please just call me when you get this."

As soon as she put her phone down, her hand immediately went to the little brown bag placed in front of her on the granite sink top, searching for a particular little object.

When she could feel the thing between her fingers, she took out the bottle, emptying the last of it's contents into her palm with fumbling hands.

She only stared at the singular green colored pill for a flash second, before gulping it down dry in a frenzy-like manner.

She closed her eyes, breathing in deeply, then opening her lids, peering into her own reflection in the spotless mirror.

He's not going to get you.

She repeated the sentence in her mind like a prayer several times, before the stress coursing through her body finally started to alleviate a bit.

At that very moment two girls entered the toilet together, making Tahlia jump a little as she hastily stuffed the bottle back into her bag, turning on her heels to leave quickly.

As she exited the restroom, she made the half-minded decision to grab some coffee, while she did her work in the quiet café itself. She noticed the place was rather empty that day, which was all Tahlia could ask for.

Dissociative Identity Disorder

Winds of uneasiness caved against her bones as she typed the words into the search bar. But she simply ignored those, her mind set in stone.

Lord knows she tried to distance herself from the paradox that was Logan Hunt.

After being thrown into a whirlpool of mindfuckery and danger, sprinkled in with a little potential jail time; any normal person would keep miles away from digging into this can of worms.