M I D N I G H T

Whimsical

Whimsical.

Tahlia's mind was a beautiful, whimsical mess.

She kissed Logan Hunt.

With every block that the car got closer to the sanatorium, Tahlia's heartbeat got more mercurial and her head lighter.

A kiss from a cruel murderer was not supposed to invoke feelings like that from a normal girl.

But they did.

Suddenly, to Tahlia, Logan Hunt was not the cruel murderer of 7 people.
He wasn't the person who almost choked her to death.
He wasn't the man with two equally psychopathic personalities anymore.

Logan Hunt was the man who had kissed her.

As of a sudden, she realized she had been smiling like a creep the whole car ride, and cleared her throat to break out of her own trance.

She looked at Jace, who continued to drive wordlessly with a straight, sullen expression etched onto his face.

"Are you still angry?"

She frowned when he didn't answer.

"Aw, come on Jace, don't be mad-"

"Damn it, Tal!" He snarled, finally breaking the icy composure.

"I thought someone had spiked your drink and.." He cut himself off, sighing deeply.

"You have no idea the sickos these frat douches can be. I go to get you and find you mysteriously gone in the middle of the fucking night. And to top it off, the last time someone saw you, you were stumbling around the house all alone. Can you imagine what went through my head?" His tone had grown unarmed, more tender.
Tahlia felt awful, she looked at him with a knowing gaze as she placed a hand on his bicep. 

"I'm sorry Jace, I shouldn't have left like that. I..just..I wasn't feeling that great, and I couldn't find you. So I went home."

A tendril of guilt coiled round her stomach as she lied to her best friend again. She'd already caused him a lot of distress. It killed her, but she had to.

For a millisecond she wondered how he'd react if he heard the truth.
Would he call her crazy?

"Also what the actual fuck did you even drink that night? You've been acting all smiles and girly ever since, like some chick flick lead who just had her first kiss with a Channing Tatum douchebag character or some shit?"

The heat surged straight to Tahlia's cheeks.

From the corners of her eyes, Tahlia could seen the hints of the small smirk beginning to tug at his lips. "Did you get laid?" The playful tone was back in his voice.

She swatted at his arm with an aghast expression, making them both break into fits of laughter.

Tahlia felt the car come to a halt, her heart suddenly beginning doing flips in her chest, as she realized she was going to see Logan.