e l e v e n

"So check this out, the guy I'm assigned to—he killed two babysitters in Atlanta last year

"So check this out, the guy I'm assigned to—he killed two babysitters in Atlanta last year."

The other girls that sat surrounding Tara Hayworth, all except a blonde, sucked in very audible gasps of air at her words.

The blonde shook her head, "My subject murdered his girlfriend because he thought she was cheating on him with his brother. Turns out she wasn't, and was actually planning a surprise for his birthday with the brother."

One of them merely rolled her eyes, "I'm thinking about changing my major. They didn't tell us we'd have to actually talk to these sickos. My subject has these scary face tats and starts prison fights, like every day. I didn't sign up for this."

On a seat somewhere close nearby, Natalia Faith Meyers tried her absolute best to not roll her eyes at what she was being impelled to hear.

Her visit to the library had been in hopes of finally finding some peace of mind to be able to focus on Biology, a subject she hadn't been paying too much attention to this semester. But of course, the librarian couldn't be bothered with petty gossip during her nap.

Tahlia forcibly drilled her eyes into the thesis that was laid out in front of her, in hopes of blocking out nasally voices.

And, well, a certain man that seemed to have discovered a way to drift into her mind unaided.

It was exhausting, the number of times that she had rubbed her temples and grunted exasperatedly in an attempt to keep him out of her brain.

Tahlia had never presumed that a simple college assignment would bring her to the biggest crossroads of her existence. She felt like child being warned about sharp objects; it only made her want to get closer.

At first sight, Logan Hunt was indisputably striking. Hell, he was gorgeous.

But the fact that he looked so divine made no sense; make no mistake that man was the the Devil.

Sooner or later, you look past the pretty boy facade and see his bloodstained hands. And when you do, you're bound to have all your equations screwed up, one by one.

Focus Tahlia, focus.

For what was the seventh time in the same hour, Tahlia begged her brain to stop parading a beast in her head and pay attention to studying for the exam that was to take place a mere few weeks later.

'Severing of the femoral artery can lead to the person bleeding out to death in the matter of a few—

"Whaddup Tal?" Came a loud, familiar voice, followed by a more-than-subtle nudge to her back.
She turned to the side groaning, "The hell Jace!?"