f o u r t e e n

Tahlia's surroundings meshed into pure oblivion

Dark and never ending.

While it all happened to be so poorly illuminated, it was just bright enough for her to be able to make out the small figure that was standing in front of her.

A little girl stood before Tahlia.

As her eyes started adjusting to the darkness, the first thing that caught her attention was the girl's lips, viciously busted at the corner, dredged with remnants of dried blood.

"Whoah, are..are you okay?" She reached out her hand to touch the girl's face, but she drew back in what seemed like absolute terror.

She staggered back, letting out soft whimpers of agony.

And then Tahlia could see it all.

It felt as if her heartstrings were being ferociously pulled by a supernatural force.

The little girl, who couldn't be a day older than eight, had to have at least three different bruises on her cheekbones.

Tahlia could almost feel her pain, as if.

"Hey," She put on her softest smile, taking a step forward towards the girl warily,
"I'm not going to hurt you."

The girl's brown irises burned straight into her own ones, right through her soul.

"You- you promise?"

It felt strange to Tahlia, something about the atmosphere felt..uncanny.

Nevertheless, for the sake of the girl in front of her, she chose to ignore the foreboding aura for the time.

She took a step forward, to which, the girl cowered a step back.

"No, no, no. Don't be scared, I'm not going to do anything, I promise." She raised her hands in surrender, almost.

The girl stilled, still looking at her with an occasional whimper.

Tahlia crouched down to her eye level, the girl visibility flinching.

"What happened here?"

She frowned when the girl stayed silent, letting the palpable tension breed into trepidation.

There was something about the whole predicament that seemed ominous, evil.

She searched the girl's eyes for a sign of hope.

"G-go, she's- she's going to wake up soon."

She finally spoke, sniffling, only adding to Tahlia's confusion.

"Who?" She questioned, to which the girl only shook her head maddeningly.

"Did she do this to you?"