2

Year One

"We have Potions class. With the Slytherins." (no hate to slytherins :>) Y/n said sadly as James groaned and Sirius pretended to bang his head on the table multiple times. Y/n and Remus seemed like the only people who actually cared about their grades. "I'll race you there." Y/n said, trying to convince James and Sirius to go to class. "Winner gets 5 Galleons." Remus added. That seemed to wake up the boys. Peter was already at class, so the four of them started sprinting. Let's just say they were still late to class and James won the race.

Professor Slughorn was really kind, he seemed to like this Slytherin boy named Severus Snape alot. Y/n did rather well though. The boys, on the other hand.. James didn't even brew a potion, he was just staring off into space. (Sirius assures Y/n James was staring at her in this time) Sirius was busy trying to get James' attention back to the actual class, Remus let his cauldron overflow because he was distracted by James and Sirius, while Peter just knocked over his cauldron.

"Transfiguration" Y/n read off her time-table as the group of 5 left the Potions class and entered the Transfiguration one. James took notice of Sirius, who seemed bewildered by Mcgonogall's transformation from human to cat. James did better than Y/n did in Transfiguration (surprisingly). Once they got out of class and had a break, Sirius immediately went to the library.

They also had Charms class which Y/n did great in, but Sirius was still dozed off. They were taught a charm called Wingardium Leviosa, which makes things float. After the class though, Sirius was back to the library in no time.

"I wonder what he's up to, he never goes to the library" Remus wondered out loud. "How about we go see what he's up to?" James asked. "Or, we can prank him." Y/n said in a mischievous tone. James, Remus and Peter all looked at her with smiles on their faces. "Alright, so how are we going to do this?" Y/n said, still smiling. "Oh! I know! I'm gonna go get something." James said quickly as he ran up the stairs to the boys' dormitories, clearly excited to do his first prank of the year.

Once he got back, he was holding a silver thing that looked alot like a blanket. It was silky to the touch. "This, my friends, is my Invisibility Cloak." James proceeded to put it on, followed by gasps from Y/n, Remus and Peter. He's invisible! He then took off the cloak and smiled smugly. "But, will it fit all f-four of us?" Peter muttered. "Sure it will!" Y/n exclaimed.

After around 10 more minutes of conferencing, Y/n, James, Remus and Peter were all crammed under the Invisibility Cloak and sneaking off to the library. "So, what's our plan again?" James whispered. "Oh my goodness James Potter, I explained it like 3 times now!" Y/n whisper-yelled. James didn't speak, but he made a noise that sounded much like he was trying not to laugh. "Alright, so the plan is, once we get to the library, I'm going to use Wingardium Leviosa on Sirius's book which will make it float. As he tries to get his book back, James, you knock over his lantern. Then, Remus, pull his hair or something. I dunno."

The boys agreed, and Peter chose not to participate and instead just watch through the cloak. Even though Y/n thought it was a terrible plan, the boys seemed to love it. Soon enough, the four of them were at the library, ready to pull the prank. They sneaked up on Sirius, who's nose was in a 'Advanced Potions' book. Once they got close enough, Y/n whispered the charm. "Wingardium Leviosa!" as she swished her wand. Sirius's book then started floating far away from him. James and Remus were trying their hardest not to laugh. They moved a tad bit closer, and James threw the lantern Sirius was using on the ground.

Once this happened, Sirius seemed to figure out what was happening. He moved his hand closer to the four and in a swift motion, pulled off the Invisibility Cloak. Only to reveal a laughing James, Y/n, Remus and Peter. "James.. You already told me about the Cloak, how could you forget?" Sirius was now the one laughing, as everyone turned to look at James.

"You know, we should do this more often. Pranking people. But just not each other." Remus said as everyone walked into the Great Hall. "We should have-like- a name or something. For the little group we have." Sirius said, sitting down at the Gryffindor table. "Yeah, but what would the name be?" James wondered out loud. Y/n thought for a moment, but then it came to her. "How about, the Marauders!" she blurted out.

"Perfect!" James exclaimed. "The Marauders we are!" Remus said. "And we won't leave a single person to not be pranked!" Peter said quietly.  The rest of the day passed, and Y/n laid in her dorm's bed, thinking about how wonderful her first day was. She met four new friends, each of who were unique and brilliant in their own way. Oh, this would be a wonderful first year.

The rest of the week went by wonderfully. The Marauders were pranking people every chance they got to. They were now known around the school, and they couldn't be happier. Sirius's visits to the library didn't stop just yet, but the others decided it would be better not to ask why he constantly went. There was also an encounter where one of the professors called Y/n 'Mrs. Potter.' Of course, the Marauders would never let her forget. Every time her and James were seen together, there would be lots of 'Awww!''s and heart-shapes made with hands. Y/n didn't like James in that way, and James didn't like Y/n in that way.

Or so they thought.

-
A/n
Shrisnfishfnsorj ok I know this chapter sucks, it was also sort of an introduction. It's also a little bit shorter than I want the other chapters to be, so sorry :>