70

-

"Honestly though, I don't think James here will ever stop fooling people. It's just in his blood to pull pranks. And if our kid ends up like that as well... wish me luck!" Y/n chuckled, causing a small blush to once again rise to James's face as the other two boys laughed.

-

"He is so beautiful." Y/n whispered, holding her newborn child as the happy tears continued to roll down her face.

-    a    f e w    h o u r s    e a r l i e r    -

"I... am not... feeling well." Y/n dragged on, simply being so tired that just putting together a sentence felt impossible. 

The energy in the hospital room that the Marauders were in had changed yet again. Sirius had fallen asleep, Remus was about to, Y/n was extremely uncomfortable, and James was doing the best he could to make her feel a little bit better.

"Sweetheart, it'll be fine so soon. You're so strong for going through this, but before you know it, we'll be looking into the eyes of our little child." James calmly said, looking Y/n in the eye the whole time. 

This genuinely made her smile, as James was right. Of course, she was physically feeling horrible, but nothing could stop the fact that this day would be over soon, and if things went right she would be leaving this hospital with a baby in her arms. 

Y/n planted a short kiss on James' cheek, as James smiled too.

Remus had fallen asleep by now, the couple could tell by the sound of his light snoring.

This was a chance for Y/n and James to talk, just the two of them. Not that they were uncomfortable with Remus and Sirius being there, either way they would be leaving soon.

"So, James... are you ready?" Y/n asked James, a small blush on her cheeks as she awaited his response. 

James simply chuckled. "What am I supposed to say, Y/n? I'm having a child with the love of my life, and we're going to become a family. Of course  I'm ready. Ready as ever." he stated, a smile not only on his face but also in his voice. Y/n smiled, too, as she just couldn't help it.

"How about you? I mean, are you ready, too?" James asked, feeling quite goofy knowing that him and Y/n both already knew the answer to that question. Y/n laughed at the small blush rising up to James' cheeks.

"Absolutely. James, this really is only the beginning. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you, and our child. You two will always mean the world to me, and I don't think words can describe the intensity of that statement." Y/n assured. 

She was still very exhausted, talking this much probably was not the best idea, but at this point she was just trying to push through. 

An even bigger smile grew on James' face, as he proceeded to push up his glasses, which had barely changed throughout the years.

Odd, how the two had been together for years, were married, and had a child on the way, yet still felt embarrassed at times.

When James and Y/n had first gotten together, the relationship felt like fireworks going off. Every little action or phrase from one another, would send their hearts racing. In a good way, of course.

But now, years later, it wasn't fireworks anymore. Now, the only word to truly describe their relationship, was home. When James and Y/n were together, no matter where they were, as long as they were together, they were home. 

The two simply brought out the best in each other, and over time as they matured, there was no more fearfulness before dates, and there were no more racing hearts simply at the sight of each other. Instead, they approached every step of the relationship with nothing but love, excitement, and care.  

-    t i m e    s k i p    -

Y/n had a death grip on James' hand. She was in so much pain, and his hand was the nearest thing she could grab on to for any type of support. 

Everything was a blur, Y/n knew what was going on but she was simply too uncomfortable to do or say anything. She was finally giving birth to her and James' child, but she had no idea it would be nearly this painful!

James, on the other hand, was filled with two emotions: excitement, and pain, due to how hard Y/n was holding onto his hand! But, he was still very very excited.

Y/n felt like she was about to pass out, but before she knew it, she heard a new noise. A baby... crying. Her baby!

She gasped as her eyes widened, and focused on the doctor in front of her wrapping the small baby into a blanket. After a moment, the smiling doctor handed the child to her. 

"It's a boy."

Y/n immediately started sobbing. Here she was, holding the most beautiful baby boy, and it was hers.

She looked up at James, who had such a large smile on his face. He, too, had some tears streaming down his face as well. "You did it, Y/n," he smiled, as Y/n handed the tiny baby to him.

"We did it." she responded, and went into another fit of tears. 

When James looked at his baby boy for the first time, he started to cry just like Y/n. Happy tears. The baby had now opened it's eyes, and was staring up at James with curiosity. 

Y/n was overjoyed. James handed the baby back to her, just so he could wipe his tears.

"He has your eyes, N/n." he whispered, the smile refusing to leave the couple's faces. Before Y/n had the chance to respond, the nearby doctor asked a question. 

"Is there a name for the baby boy?" 

Y/n and James looked at each other, with the same smile on their faces. 

"Harry." they responded, in unison.

"Little Harry Potter," Y/n whispered as she looked back at her baby boy. Such an innocent little child, only in the world for a short amount of time, yet Y/n loved him more than anything in the universe.

"He is so beautiful." Y/n whispered, holding her newborn child as the happy tears continued to roll down her face.

--

yay, i hope you guys like this cute little chapter! a little bit of an early update, but just because i was so excited to write this : )

i would love to read your lovely comments, and i'll try to respond to all of them! i don't say this much, but i really can't explain how much i appreciate each and every one of you who are reading this story <3

thank YOU, the reader <3

and see you soon, when remus and sirius meet harry : ) !

- z