20

Year Four

"... Say that again?" Y/n said at barely above a whisper. Potter stayed silent. "James.. you love me?" Y/n continued, her voice at the same low volume. "Yes Y/n. I do love you." James whispered. Y/n was in absolute shock. After all this time.. James truly did love her? Or was he just lying? There was an awkward silence.. and then Y/n cleared her throat and began to speak, this time in a clear, loud voice. "Well James.." Y/n did not know what to say. Did she truly love James? Or was she just overthinking everything?

"I love you too." Y/n said.

A happy, genuine smile grew on James' face. Y/n ran towards him and pulled him into a long hug. Y/n was just dumbfounded. First, James apologizes. Second, he says he loves Y/n. That's new. After a couple of seconds, Y/n began to speak again. "W-What about Evans? You two are dating- and I don't know if you still have feelings for her or not." she muttered. James looked at Y/n. "Come on n/n, you know that I would never choose her over you. And between you and me.. she's the worst at pranks." he said with a smile. Y/n laughed. "But I still don't understand. If you really did love me, why did you date her? Why did you cut off all communication with me and move on?" she asked.

"I was lost, Y/n. I was lost, and I was stupid. I had realized that you didn't mention wanting a boyfriend, so one day, out of boredom, I started to pick on Lily. Eventually, I began to have some feelings for her. Not as much as I had feelings for you, though, of course. Those feelings slightly grew, and next thing I knew Evans started to be super nice and romantic to me. Friendship turned into relationship." James explained. Y/n raised an eyebrow. "That is, very, uh.. detailed." she said. James ignored her and continued to talk. "Then, when you started to date Sirius, I was honestly pretty heartbroken." he said. Oh God. Y/n had completely forgot about Sirius.

"James, I don't know what to say. I don't know if I should believe you, or if I should be happy, or if I should be completely confused. As of now, my emotions are a mixture of both." Y/n said. James smiled weakly. "Well, if you don't believe me, I'll be on my way." James said coolly, as he stuffed his hands into his pockets and began to walk away. "James, no. I do believe you. It's just all a bit out of nowhere, don't you think?" Y/n muttered. "Yeah, you're right. This has been pretty awkward, shall we head back to the castle?" James said. Y/n smiled and nodded, as James stuck out his hand for her to hold.

Y/n took his hand, and the two made their way up to the castle. Y/n missed this, she truly missed being able to hold James' hand and talk or joke with him. She missed pulling pranks with him. She missed ruffling up his black hair when he was trying to focus. She missed taking off James' glasses, and watching him blindly look for them. Little did she know, James missed it too. James had felt very lonely without Y/n in his life. Before Y/n and James entered the Great Hall, they smiled and let go of each other's hands. "Time to go and break up with her, I guess." James muttered, though he sounded a little bit happy. Y/n smiled.

"Sirius! Can we talk for a moment?" Y/n asked Sirius once James was out of earshot. "Sure, n/n, what's up?" Sirius said. Y/n pulled him aside, and immediately began to speak. "Sirius., I truly cannot thank you enough. Seriously." Y/n started. Sirius tilted his head in confusion. "Sirius, it worked. James, he apologized. But Sirius, please don't think I'm using you. When we were, uh, fake dating, it was pretty exciting. And the Yule Ball, it was a blast." Y/n continued. Sirius smiled; a genuine smile, and hugged  Y/n. "Told you it would work." he joked. Y/n could see a tiny, very slight, glimmer of hurt in Sirius' eyes, but other than that, he seemed to be truly glad. Y/n didn't feel like telling James that her and Sirius were never really dating all along. A couple of minutes passed, and Y/n could hear someone yelling in anger. Evans. That must mean James had broken up with her. Y/n smirked to herself.

- time skip -

Y/n was woken up by somebody slapping her face with a pillow. Marauders. Y/n tried to punch whoever was in front of her in the face, but obviously it did 't work. "What do you need this time?" Y/n said, rubbing her eyes. As expected, the four boys were standing under an Invisibility Cloak. James' Invisibility Cloak. "God  Y/n, don't you remember? It's Christmas!" Remus exclaimed. When Y/n heard these words, she shot out of bed and down to the huge Christmas tree in the Gryffindor common room, the boys following her.

"Merry Christmas, you guys!" Y/n exclaimed. Christmas was rather exciting for her, plus all of the Marauders were staying at Hogwarts for the holiday. "Open my presents first, guys!" Sirius exclaimed, as everybody reached for the presents labeled with their names.

Y/n began to unwrap her present. Sirius had bought her a large drawing notebook, along with tons of pens, markers, and pencils.
Y/n absolutely loved it. "Thank you so much Sirius!" she said. Y/n looked around; Sirius had bought everyone something related to what they love.

Next was Remus. Remus had bought Y/n her favourite book, one that she had wanted for a very long time.

Peter had bought Y/n a bunch of Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans, her favourite.

Finally, was James. James proceeded to give the gifts he bought to the person they were meant for. Y/n unwrapped the wrapping paper carefully, only to find a box containing an absolutely stunning necklace. A golden chain, with a f/c (favourite colour) charm on it that was shaped like a heart. Written on the box of the necklace, was 'So we remember, no matter how far from each other we are, mentally or physically,  we really do need each other.'. Wow, James can be really romantic sometimes. Y/n put on the necklace and looked at James, who was fidgeting with a familiar golden chain necklace on his own neck, and smiled as she pulled him into another long hug. He had bought a matching pair of necklaces.

"Y/n, watch." James whispered, followed by him walking a fair distance away from Y/n. She suddenly felt the f/c heart charm turn a little bit cold. "Thats.. really cool. Thank you, James." Y/n said truthfully. James smiled and winked. A wink that Y/n hated with a passion.  When James walked back towards Y/n, the charm turned hot. The other Marauders smugly watched, predicting the time when James would ask Y/n out.

- time skip -

Y/n stared out the window of the Hogwarts Express. Another year, another new adventure. Y/n sighed. "I'm going to miss you guys so much." she said. "Write to us, every day." Remus said. Y/n nodded. Y/n's necklace was particularly warm, as James was crammed next to her in the small train compartment.

But  Y/n knew deep down, it was impossible for her to have a school year without any drama. This year though, she was ready for whatever crazy antics would happen. Because this year, the Marauders became the Marauders again.

-

Sorry for shitty chapter wkdneihfsjhffk
what do y'all wanna see next, after this fanfiction is over (which will be in a long time, trust me.)?
i'm thinking of these: either a harry potter x reader, a nico di angelo x reader, or a bunch of one shots from the harry potter and percy jackson fandom.
who's your favourite weasley? fred and george for the win.
all characters/storylines belong to j.k rowling except for the ones I made up.