44 / / part one

Year Seven

Hmm. Wow. Uhh, so, the end of the day arrived sooner than anticipated. It was time. It was time for the Marauders to leave Hogwarts, without coming back this time. They weren't ready. No they were not. But, I, as the author, have already bothered you enough with all this last day of school crap. Let's get on with it.

(hi uh this is an authors note and i'm writing this in the Same exact place that i started this story exactly one year later,, and i can't lie iMm getting real emotional lmao. on with the story !)

Y/n had tears in her eyes.. lots of them. She really was crying. Happy tears? Nope! Y/n was just, too sad. Too sad to leave her home for good.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I'm not ready." Y/n gasped, tears slowly streaming down her s/c face. Here she was, side by side with the Marauders, about to enter.. the stunning, maroon, breathtaking Hogwarts Express. About to enter the Hogwarts Express for the last time. This was it, this was the end.

James stood in front of Y/n, their noses nearly touching.

"Y/n L/n. I know you. I know you're the strongest, most brave, most powerful girl out there. I know that I'm going to spend the rest of my life with you, and I know you can get through this. We can get through this." James reassured Y/n, followed by a long romantic kiss shared by the two.

"James. I love you so much. Thank you." Y/n muttered, her tears glistening on her face.

James took Y/n's hand, intertwining his fingers with hers.

A quiet sob was heard from Sirius, as he was crying as well.

"I can't believe this I can't believe this I can't believe this!" he shouted, stomping his foot on the ground as he miserably made an attempt to hold back his urge to start bawling.

"Sirius, I love you. Let's get on this damn train and leave all of this sadness behind us." Remus whispered to Sirius, pressing a soft kiss to his forehead. Usually, they would not hold hands. That is, in public at least. But this time, Remus and Sirius wanted to be brave. They held hands, not even trying to hide it. Funny thing is, the couple didn't even get any strange or disgusted looks this time. Instead, they had received many proud smiles from their fellow classmates.

Peter Pettigrew had not been found. The Marauders honestly didn't know how to cope with his absence. Sure, Peter had never been talkative, but his friends were extremely worried about him. And, as I had mentioned recently, Peter was acting awfully strange. He was always so quiet; more quiet than usual, he would be very.. anxious and snappy all of the time. He would have repeating disappearances, but he would always come back. This time, though, Peter had disappeared and had not come back. Yet.

Where was he going, you ask? Well, the Marauders had no clue. When they asked, Peter would just pretend that he didn't hear them, or he would make an excuse to leave. Overall, all of the remaining four Marauders were concerned, and it didn't seem like Peter was going to be returning any time soon.

"Shall we, boys?" Y/n muttered, nudging her head towards the train.

"It's.. It's not leaving for another fifty minutes. Would you guys like to, I don't know, maybe take one last walk around the castle? It's become a house of memories at this point." James said, raising his eyebrows.

Sirius jumped in excitement. "Oh my gosh, of course!!" he exclaimed, an incredibly joyous expression overcoming his face. "A walk in memory lane." he added, cringing at himself. Remus, again, rolled his eyes.

"M/n? Moony? Ya up for it?" James pleaded.

"Duh! Let's go!" Y/n immediately said, nodding.

A smile grew upon Remus's shy face. "Sure." he muttered, and off the Marauders went, for one last stroll through the place they could always call home.

They started at the Gryffindor common room. The colourful, cozy, warm, and soft Gryffindor common room. The place where the Marauders were always hanging out, the place where the Marauders Map was created, the place where pranks were always invented, and the place where truth or dare was never a bad idea. The common room had been empty at the moment, and the Marauders had been able to say farewell to every last part of the room. All of them, even James and Remus, had been trying their best to hold back tears. Well, except for Sirius. Sirius had just been straight-up crying his eyes out.

"I'm going to miss this room so much, guys." Remus sighed, admiring one of the paintings on the wall. The remaining Marauders all nodded in agreement, too sorrow to say anything.

"Do you guys remember all of our pranks that we thought of right here in this very room? I mean, I just, I'm going to miss all the fun we've had here. So much." James thought out loud, staring blankly at the fireplace.

Once again, Remus, Sirius and Y/n all nodded in agreement.

After that, the Marauders made their way to Professor McGonogall's office. Nobody was in the office, as McGonogall had been out in the Great Hall. "H-Hey James. Remember.. remember what happened right in this spot?" Y/n said through tears, as she stood next to one of McGonogalls bookshelves. Sirius and Remus had been confused, but James knew exactly what Y/n had been talking about. He walked up to her and kissed her right on the lips, gently putting his hands on her neck. Why, here in the office, it is the place that Y/n L/n and James Potter had shared their first kiss. Little did they know, back in second year, that their kiss would be followed by many more to come.

"Oh wow, will you two just get a room?" Sirius said, walking towards the exit of McGonogalls office. Y/n laughed. "Dumbass." she chuckled, as she took James' hand while walking out of the office.

authors note (please read xo)

WOWOWOWOW. OKAY. JUST. THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR BEING HERE FOR ALL OF THIS AND BEING SO SUPPORTIVE. I WANT TO WRITE SOMETHING BIG FOR THE END FINALE, SO THIS MIGHT BE A 3 PART CHAPTER !!

once i end the "marauders era" of this, i'm going to write about harry potter's experience in hogwarts, james & y/n's marriage, sirius & remus' relationship, and much more in the marauders future. what do you guys think?

anyways, i'm definitely going to write my huge authors thank you note After this 3 part chapter !!

see you soon

- z