45

Year Seven

The four Marauders were all gathered up side by side, and were beginning to walk out of the Room of Requirement, and into the Great Hall, where they would exit Hogwarts for one last time.

"You ready?" James asked Y/n, sympathy in his eyes.

Y/n nodded confidently. "Absolutely I am." was all she said.

-

"Hold on, do you guys- uh, want to take a picture or two? You know, just for the memory??" Remus asked, right as the Marauders were leaving the castle. He pulled out a small old-fashioned camera and raised his eyebrows.

James and Y/n looked at each other, and Y/n grinned. "Of course, Moony." she replied, causing a smile to grow on Remus' face.

"Sirius, come and get into the picture!" Y/n exclaimed, gently pulling Sirius in next to her and James. She put her arms around James and Sirius, as Remus set the timer on the camera.

He set the small camera on a nearby branch, and ran in next to Sirius, putting his arm around him. All the Marauders smiled, except for James, who was kissing Y/n on the cheek for the picture.

The camera took the photo, a couple of seconds passed, and then the small picture came out of the camera.

Sirius ran to see the photo, and he smiled widely. "It looks great." he muttered, holding it out so all of the Marauders could see it.

All four of them grinned, except for James, who really could not handle the fact that they were about to leave Hogwarts for good.

"Okay, now one with me and Remus!!" Sirius exclaimed, setting another timer on the camera. Remus and Sirius stood next to each other, and Remus thought it would just be a regular old picture, but Sirius went ahead and kissed him for the picture.

"Awww, you two." Y/n said, believing that the two boys possibly could be the cutest couple in the world.

Sirius and Remus smiled, Remus blushing furiously as the photo of them came out of the camera.

Remus hid his face with his hands, although a huge smile was still visible on his face.

"Y/n! James!" Your turn!" Sirius exclaimed, but instead of setting a timer on the camera, he held it himself to take a better picture.

"Oh, fine." Y/n complained, trying not to smile.

James and Y/n stood next to each other, but Y/n noticed some small tears on James' face. Usually, she would make a joke along the lines of 'Woah, James Potter has emotions?!?!' but not this time. She gently wiped away some of James' subtle tears. He weakly smiled.

"I'm going to miss this place so much, Y/n." he whispered, resting his forehead on hers.

Y/n nodded. "I know. Me too." she muttered, looking James in the eye as she smiled a little bit. Next thing the couple knew, Sirius had already taken the photo and was holding it in his hand. "Okay, okay, you guys look great. Now smile for one more!" he exclaimed, making both Y/n and James laugh out loud.

James put his arm around Y/n's waist and put on a smile, and Y/n rested her head on James' shoulder. Sirius took the picture. It came out of the camera. "Okay. You guys look great! Now, let's get going." he stated, as he handed the little camera back to Remus.

-

Y/n took James' hand as they started walking towards the one and only Hogwarts Express. The maroon, unforgettable, gorgeous, and glorious Hogwarts Express. You see, the Hogwarts Express could only ever mean two things. It's either you're going to Hogwarts, or you're leaving Hogwarts. In the Marauders' situation, they were leaving Hogwarts. For the last time. Ever.

Y/n didn't even want to think about it. Maybe when they arrived back home and she was at like James' house with all of the Marauders, then she would really think about it. But right now was for sure not the right time. Right now was not the right time for Y/n to start crying, as they were about to board the train.

James tightened his grip on Y/n's hand, and he gently gave her a quick kiss. Y/n smiled into the kiss, and they pulled apart. They looked at each other, and James nodded, as if he was trying to tell Y/n that it would all be okay. She smiled, a small smile that wasn't completely a happy smile. 

The engaged couple started entering the train, proceeding to board it, Remus and Sirius talking right behind them. The Marauders were probably the very last people to have boarded the train, since they had spent so much time saying goodbye to Hogwarts beforehand.

"This is it, I guess." Y/n heard Sirius say, as he was right behind her and James. They were walking down the train isle, looking for a seat. Most of them were occupied. Y/n only nodded. "I'm gonna get sad now. How about we all meet up at my house in a couple of days and then we can talk about all of this? I can't have you guys see me cry." James joked, earning a laugh from the Marauders.

"But seriously, we're, like, adults now. I'm guessing we're gonna have to move out of our parents' home, meaning we're all going to have our own place. Meaning we're all grown. Meaning, you guys should spend a week or two at my place, when Y/n and I get one." James continued, as he nudged his head towards an empty compartment. The Marauders took a seat, James and Y/n next to each other, and Remus and Sirius next to each other. 

Then it all hit Y/n. She was really going to live with James. The idea of that was very exciting to her. 

"Yeah, Prongs, you know how I have some, uh, family issues, so you can be sure that I'll be the first to move out. I'm totally in, though, for spending some time at your place. I'm sure it's going to be beautiful." Sirius replied, but it seemed like he was talking to James and  Y/n, as he knew that they were happily engaged and were going to move in together. 

"Awesome. Remus, you in?" James asked, looking at Remus.

Remus immediately nodded. "Any time with you guys is a fun time." he said, smiling.

"Well, then, it's done. I'll send you a letter when, you know, I'm settled in with Y/n." James finished, looking at Y/n fondly. 

Y/n smiled at him, this time it was a really happy smile. She looked out the window, as she had always done every time she was on the Hogwarts Express.

The train started to move, slowly gaining speed. James held Y/n's hand. 

The Marauders were finally ready to start a new life. 

-

HIIIIIII SORRY FOR NOT UPLOADING MUCH DJJDS AND SORRY FOR THE SUCKY (??) CHAPTER

THE MARAUDERS ARE FINALLY GROWING UP AND IM SAD TO SEE THEM GO JDSJDS

ANYWAYS, LEAVE PREDICTIONS AND THEORIES IN THE COMMENTS I LOVE READING THEM!! 

SEE YA NEXT TIME!!

- Z