64

"I love you, James."

"Love you too, N/n."

Today was going to be a tough day. James and Y/n were still at home, Y/n staying as her due date was soon, and James staying to take care of her. 

Remus and Sirius were not at the house, though. They had started visiting slightly less often, due to the fact that they understood Y/n was in no state to have company over, and also since Remus and Sirius had just started spending some more time together. They would have loved to stand by Y/n and James during this time, but they were already so wound up, it was just better to leave them alone. 

Sirius and Remus had moved in together, as they were now in a committed relationship. At first, they were both ecstatic to be living with each other, but they were both quite young and didn't have too much of an idea about how to function as an adult.

The stress would pile up on the two of them, and since they were just too afraid to talk about it, they would end up arguing. Frequently. Yes, Sirius and Remus, the two people who seemed to be perfect for each other, arguing. 

Usually the fights were nothing too bad, they couldn't even go a day before they would apologize and look past the situation. But one night, things got pretty bad. 

"Remus, hey, what's wrong?" Sirius had asked on one Saturday night, as him and Remus were about to watch a movie together at home. Remus had been laying on the couch, and Sirius was sitting on the end of the couch. 

"Oh, nothing.. why do you ask?" Remus responded, looking up at Sirius in confusion. "Have I been acting weird or something? I don't--" he began, but got interrupted.

"Yeah actually, you have been acting weird recently. You're sure there's nothing wrong?" Sirius asked, trying to be calm as Remus knew that something was bothering him, he just wouldn't say. 

"I'm fine." was all Remus responded with, causing the tension to get worse. "Just stop worrying about me for two seconds," Remus mumbled under his breath, it was barely a whisper, but Sirius heard it loud and clear.

"I'm sorry? Remus, what do you want me to say? Obviously something is bothering you, there's no doubt about that, and when I ask you what's wrong, you're just going to get mad like this?" Sirius snapped, trying to sound angry, but in reality he just sounded awfully upset.

Remus was getting mad. "Okay well you know what? It kind of pisses me off when you won't leave me alone about this! I need my space, and you just are unable to understand that. You're always asking me what's wrong, and the word 'nothing' seems to mean nothing to you!" he exclaimed while sitting up, but he really did sound angry. 

Sirius' heart burned with every word that came out of Remus' mouth. It was like Remus was trying to do this, because never had he ever spoken to Sirius with that type of aggression. 

"Are you kidding me?" Sirius asked, and his voice broke because he was doing everything he could to not cry. He stood up. "I- I need to go. I don't know-" Sirius was the one to get interrupted this time.

"What's that? You need to go? Go, then." Remus said, with the same anger as before. 

And without a second thought, Sirius grabbed his car keys off of the kitchen counter, and stormed off towards the front door. Remus had realized that Sirius was not playing around by now.

"Wait, Sirius- where are you-"

"You told me to go, so I'm leaving. Bye, Remus." Sirius responded without even letting Remus ask his question. Remus immediately got up and ran towards the door, where Sirius was about to leave.

--

James and Y/n were relaxing in the comfort of their own home. Well, not really. Y/n was in frequent pain and constant discomfort, and James found it impossible to stop worrying about her. Even though absolutely nothing abnormal had happened, James was just like that. Pregnancy was a scary thing for poor James.

But in all seriousness, Y/n's due date was coming soon. Very soon, up to the point where she was terrified. The two had already discussed names for the baby, and their personal favourite was 'James: Part Two'. Y/n would laugh every time she imagined naming a child that, and James would be offended every single time.

To be exact, Y/n was supposed to give birth in one week, which was way too soon. James and Y/n had everything they needed to raise a child, but they were both just so scared. Obviously they were there for each other when the anxious thoughts would become too much, but sometimes it was just a little bit overwhelming.

Despite all of the fear, though, James and Y/n were still extremely excited. Little did Year One James and Y/n know they were going to get married and have a child! The couple was about to bring a new light to their life, and soon.

You see, James and Y/n were just two kids. They didn't know a thing about parenting! Both of them clumsy and childish, most would think they were just way too immature to handle the responsibility of raising a child.

But Y/n and James had a different idea in mind. They planned to raise this child to be the best they could be, they planned to shower this child with love and never let them get hurt. And of course, the two would have to share some of their best pranks to their child.

Sure, it would be difficult, and maybe even annoying, but James and Y/n were determined on giving their baby a successful life, filled with the same type of fun that their life was filled with. 

-

THANK YOU FOR BEING SO PATIENT WITH THIS CHAPTER!!! I HOPE YOU LIKE IT <3

leave comments, i loveee reading them!!

thanks so much for reading, see ya next chapter!! (SOON!!)

also i am s o sorry for the cliffhanger

- z