11

Year Three

Y/n woke up miserably, tired from staying up late last night. She got up, changed, and immediately went down to the Great Hall, excited for the day to begin. Y/n was welcomed by her Marauder friends, including James (surprisingly). As she expected though, James wasn't giving Y/n that warm smile just like he always did. Don't get me wrong, he was being perfectly kind.. just.. not how he always used to be. Y/n knew this was because of Lily Evans. Y/n smiled at Sirius and nodded, because if it wasn't for him, Y/n would probably still have nasty tear stains all over her face. Sirius truly did have an amazingly sweet heart, under his strong personality.

Y/n started eating her breakfast, as James excused himself AGAIN. "Bathroom." was all he said. Y/n rolled her eyes. Wait, shouldn't she be acting nicer to James? He's being nice to her.. But he just moved on to the Lily girl without saying anything to Y/n! Well, James and Y/n were never a thing, but James should have at least said something! Y/n's thoughts were interrupted by Remus nudging her with his elbow. Once he got Y/n's attention, Remus nodded over towards James.

James was standing next to an annoyed Lily. Not just annoyed, she was actually screaming at him. For some strange reason, this made Y/n feel good. "JAMES POTTER! YOU IGNORANT, SCUMMY, RUDE, IDIOT!" Lily yelled, her voice ringing all around the Great Hall. By now, everybody else was quiet and watching a bright red and stuttering James Potter standing right in front of an enraged Lily Evans. Her face was just about as red as her hair was, except she wasn't blushing, no not at all. Her face was red from anger. What was Lily mad at? Y/n had no idea. Not that she cared. But, in this moment Y/n felt very happy.

A bright red James managed to get away from the enraged Lily and he basically sprinted back to the the rest of the Marauders. Y/n burst out into laughter, not that she could help it. Sirius started laughing, then Remus, and then Peter. Of course, this did not help James at all, as he was still as red as a tomato. "What is it that you even did to get Evans all fired up?" Y/n asked, as she was still laughing. "Well.. I sort of maybe turned her hair the same colour as an ugly swamp.. And then I transfigured her bed into a large crocodile." James muttered, avoiding anyones eyes.

"You WHAT? Well no wonder she was screaming at you! But, I have to admit, you should have let us go with you." Y/n said jokingly. James glared at her for a moment, and then narrowed his eyes in anger. That was all Y/n was planning to say to James, she didn't feel like talking to him very much. "So James, what's been going on with you and Evans?" Remus asked, mostly for the sake of  Y/n knowing. James thought for a second or two, then started to speak. "I think she's beautiful, and I hope, well I think actually, that she has feelings for me just like I do for her." he muttered shyly.

Y/n couldn't help herself, she starting laughing hysterically. She was deeply saddened by the fact that James liked Evans, but honestly, the idea of him thinking that she likes him back?! Impossible! Y/n then realized that she should not be laughing, so she silenced right when she saw the boys glaring at her. "What's so funny?" James asked seriously. Wow, James sure has changed once he started to have feelings for Evans. He used to be hilarious, egotistical and brave, now he's shy, sophisticated and boring. Maybe Y/n was the one who stopped having feelings for James after what he did.

Sirius then started talking for Y/n, so she wouldn't have to be in such an awkward situation. "Jamie, usually when someone has feelings for you they don't explode at you out of anger." he stated, holding in a laugh. "Right." James mumbled as he sat down next to Remus. James also had no idea about Y/n and Sirius' little conversation, and Y/n liked to keep it that way.

"Potions." Y/n mumbled as she grabbed her books and made her way down to the Potions class room closely followed by the rest of the Marauders. Professor Slughorn always loved Y/n as a student, because she always got great grades, and she was the top in Potions class. Today, the class was learning about some strange love potion. Apparently, this potion was supposed to smell like the things that attract the drinker. Y/n started to jot down notes as the rest of the class moved in to take a peek at the potion.

- time skip -

"So guys, what did the potion smell like to you?" James asked curiously as the five Marauders all hung out in the boys' dormitories, Y/n under the Invisibility Cloak just in case. "What potion?" Peter muttered. "The love potion, stupid." Sirius said, he was only kidding of course. "Oh, well mine smelled like, pumpkins and fireplaces and stuff of that sort." Sirius muttered. "C'mon Sirius, we all know that the love potion does smell like things that attract you, but it also smells like who attracts you." Y/n stated, glaring at Sirius hoping that he would answer.

"Okay okay, fine. I'm not exactly sure who it was exactly my potion smelled like, but it did have a hint of spearmint in it." Sirius muttered. As an answer to this, Y/n spit out her mint gum into the trash and then started to laugh. Obviously half of the girls in Hogwarts always had like 7 pieces of gum in their mouth at a time (note the exaggeration). "Well, what about you guys? Who or what did your potion smell like?" Sirius thought out loud. "Mine smelled like Lily." James said dreamily. Merlin's beard, what's gotten into him?

"Okay then Jamie. What about you, Remus?" Sirius continued. Remus then started to faintly blush, but it went away quickly. "Mine smelled like rain and a little bit like a coffee shop." he began. "But no, it didn't smell like anybody in particular." Remus continued. "Peter? What about you?" Y/n asked. "W-well, the potion sort of smelled like Butter beer to me." was all Peter said. Nobody decided to question it, given the fact that Peter was very shy.

"Y/n? You haven't told us what your potion smelled like yet." James said. "A welcoming and warm coffee shop, just like the one that Remus smelled. The potion also smelled like Hogwarts. I don't know why, it just feels like home to me." Y/n said, not admitting that the potion smelled very, very little of James. Not that she was planning to tell anyone, either.

-

all characters/storylines belong to j.k rowling except for the ones that I made up.

if we get to 1000 reads im going to flip lmao