Chapter twentysix

"Get up," Jeff said shaking me awake. Truth; I've been awake for hours. I'm actually surprised Jeff even let me go to school. I mean, yeah we changed my name to Blair. Of course I hated it, but what's done is done. Blair...does not sound like Y/N at all. It's like a whole new personality that I don't want. I mean, it sounds too...intimidating to somebody like me. Somebody like me is ignorant, irrelevant, and stubborn. However, if I can change my name I could change my personality for this year. Right?

"Screw off," I yawned as I rolled over onto my back. Jeff sighed.

"Why is this girl so stubborn," Jeff murmured to himself. Jeff then threw the blankets off myself, and left me shivering. Asshole. I got up tiredly, and threw on a random shirt. It's not like I care about my looks, especially senior year. I heard a cough behind me, and turned around to see Jeff. Oh yeah, he didn't leave yet.

"You couldn't wait until I left the room?" Jeff asked blankly with a tint to his pale cheeks.

"Is it that such an awful sight to see," I fake pouted. He scoffed at me being a smartass, and walked off.

"What? Is it your morning wood?" I called out to Jeff jokingly. I ought to stop before I actually get in trouble by Jeff. I put on some jeans, along with some old converse. I didn't have supplies, but I'll make up an excuse.

"Bye," I called out. I started to turn the handle but I felt Jeff hug me from behind.

"Tell of somebody's bothering you, or if they're just annoying in general. Don't make friends, don't let people ask about you, and don't ever let anyone mention your old life. I'm surprised by myself that I'm even letting you go alone to some high school," Jeff said as he let go of me.

"You gonna be okay?" I asked.

"Not really," Jeff said.

"Good," I joked as I stole a quick kiss from him. I closed the door behind me, and walked down the stairs to the main lobby. I followed the sidewalk all the way down until I saw a few older kids walking the same direction as myself. I popped in my ear buds, and listened to some song recommendations my brother gave me. It's a sort of closure I have. I'm not over is death, but it's a closure. This all makes me the outcast. Looks aren't everything, at least not at my old school, but noticing the girls walking in front of me with soft curls and outfits I saw on Tumblr.

"Look at the new girl behind us. Who the hell transfers here looking like that? I'd kill to transfer, with all the attention! Privileged bitch," said the brunette on the right. Calm down, Y/N, don't mention this to Jeff. I don't like these girls, but I don't want another person to die because of me.

"Shut up, Kat. I thought you'd mature of your childish nature by now. You are 18, start acting like the eldest of us," said a girl on the right with short brown pixie cut. Regardless of her maturity, she had white high waisted shorts with a tank top and a cardigan. It suited her, though. She then let out sigh, and turned around. I could sense the authority from her already.

"Accept my apology for us. We won't be talking to you again, but if you do happen to get your reputation up there some how then we'll introduce ourselves more detailed. For know, I'm Amber. The girl you've overheard shit talking to you is Kat. This is Vanessa," Amber said without a slither of expression on her perfect face. They began walking faster away from myself. They reminded me of mean girls, but 2017 version. Somebody scoffed behind me. I turned around to see a boy my age.

"I can sense the outcast from you across the street. I'm with you, though. Popularity doesn't matter when in 20 years these assholes will be begging me to let them now my grass for money. I'll be laughing in Harvard, and they'll be struggling in some elite school since they never pay attention in class. I'm Jake, and you're Blair," Jake rambled. I nodded, and kept my head down.

"Y-yeah, how'd you know my name?" I asked. Jake scoffed again.

"I'm from Key Club. You know, we help new kids. I looked at all of your information, and it's quite...interesting. Per se. You live in an apartment complex with your older brother, both orphaned," Jake said scooting closer to me. I took a deep breath. Breathe. It's going to be fine.

"I-...you need to fuck off," I mumbled walking off as I put my ear buds back into my ears. What's with this guy? He's lucky I don't want anyone to die because of me. Is everyone at this school an ass? I just expected some nice girl coming up and starting a conversation...or is that just a privilege for pretty girls? I just can't believe Jeff put himself as my older brother. Insensitive asshole.

"No, you don't have any friends and I'm taking full advantage of that. It's still the stereotypical period where the bullies bully the weirdos. You classify is one of them," Jake laughed. I turned up my volume, and I couldn't hear his annoying voice anymore. I arrived at the eerie building, and stopped to stare at it.

"Move it," scowled a guy pushing my out of his way. I looked down at my black converse.

"Kill yourself," I mumbled. The girls by his side gasped in sheer horror. I rolled my eyes and braced myself for some serious whining. It's not like I wanted him to actually kill himself, it's more of a 'fuck you' kinda deal.

"You're so insensitive, you bitch!" One shouted.

"His best friend killed himself, what makes it okay to say that! Whore!" Another shouted. My lips curled into a smirk.

"It's pronounced Blair," I smiled. I walked around the girls into the school and tried to find out where my home room was.