9. Downhill

"Ready?" I nodded my head at Vincent and walked out of our house. When Vincent came to give me the bracelet, Derek and Damon left the house to get everything set at the pack amphitheater. That's where the Introduction would take place.

"All set?" Sarah asked as she watched us approaching. I nodded and the four of us started our walk to the amphitheater.

"Are you nervous?" Olivia asked, stepping closer to me. I nodded with a grimace. "Hey don't worry, everyone will love you. I promise." I laughed and leaned sideways to bump into her. She giggled and softly shoved me back.

A few moments later, we reached the amphitheater.

"Oh my god! Finally! We've been waiting for so long. Ok so Vincent, you know what to do. Go ahead."

Damon and Derek pushed open the door as Olivia and Sarah guided us to the stage. "Good luck." Olivia told both me and Vincent. We nodded at her and turned to the staircase. Vincent took the first step before leaning down and giving me his hand. I took his hand and followed as he guided me up the stairs.

Vincent and I reached the Center of the stage and the loud crowd grew quite. Everyone bowed down before straightening up.

"Good afternoon everyone. Thank you all for joining us here at such a short notice. As you all may have heard the rumours about me finding my mate, I want to let you all know that they are true. I also want to introduce to you my beautiful mate, Isabella Viktoria Stone." Vincent said, gesturing to me towards the end.

He then took one step away from the mic. Well that's my cue. I stepped closer to the mic and smiled wide at the large crowd of people in front of me. "Good afternoon everybody. I hope you're all having a good day. I'm Isabella, Alpha Vincent's mate. I just want to let you all know that I'm going to try my very best to be a good Luna and most of all a good friend to each and every one of you.

"I hope that as the days go by, I can manage to create a strong bond with every one of you. I know I'm not yet a part of the pack, but I promise that even until that time comes, I will be there for all of you as a friend and protector. I want you all to know that I'm your friend, so you must not worry or hesitate in coming to talk to me about anything. Have a good day everybody." I finalised my speech, stepping away from the mic.

"Welcome to the pack Luna Isabella!" A male voice yelled out which was followed by loud applause and cheers. I felt eyes on me. Tilting my head, I looked beside me and saw Vincent looking at me in awe. Smiling, I squeezed his hand, and he squeezed mine in return.

  After a long day of meeting new people, I felt overwhelmed with love and compassion for these people. These amazing wolves would soon be my family and I honestly could not wait for that day

•••••••••

*three days later*

So it had been three days since the Introduction and Vincent was acting secretive. Honestly, his secretiveness was always kind of there, but it started to get even more the past three days. He kept having long meetings with Damon and Derek and he'd usually quiet down when I approached.

In addition to that, I'd been meaning to sort out our feelings for each other since quite some time too. I'm not denying that I really like him because he's just so sweet, but I feel like he's not yet giving his all into it. We sleep in separate rooms, we haven't even kissed yet, and most of all, I'm not even sure I know what he feels about me.

*knock knock*

"Yea come in." My heart beat quickened at his deep voice causing me to softly swear at myself. I put my head on the dark mahogany door of the office and sighed. Pushing off, my hand moved towards the door knob, when the door burst open. I felt myself fall forwards and quickly closed my eyes. Vincent quickly caught me. "What is it with you?".

"What is it with me? What is it with you? You know I've been trying and trying to make our relationship grow, but I've not been getting anything from you. Sure you're sweet and make my heart melt at times, but I need more Vincent! Like why are you being so secretive lately? Aren't we mates, shouldn't you be telling me everything?" His response annoyed me more than anything else could.

  "What's happening is that I'm falling for you. Ok? And I'm scared because I've never done this whole love thing. I don't feel good! And secretive? Isabella there are some things that I can't just go spilling to you. Maybe try minding your own business?" My heart beat increased when he said that he was falling for me. But 'minding your own business?'

"Excuse me? I think it is my business when my mate is discussing things with our Beta and Delta and is hiding those things from me! The Luna! If I'm the Luna don't you think I should be in on these things too!" I yelled out smacking my hands on his desk.

"You aren't my Luna yet! Do not forget that. Just because we're mates and you've been introduced does not magically turn you into my Luna. I'm the Alpha and they are my beta and Delta, got it? Until I mark you, you aren't even a part of this pack!" My eyes widened at his words and my jaw dropped. I slowly took a step back, unable to believe that such harsh words could even come out of my sweet mate's mouth. As if just realising what he said, his entire expression changed, guilt taking over.

I'd feel bad if it weren't for the anger and pure sadness consuming my entire being. Without letting him say another word, I shot out of the chilly office. I heard him yell out my name, but I did not stop running until I was out of the house and into the woods. I slowly sank to the ground and sobbed.

Just as things were going fine, just as I started falling big time. He said all that. His words sliced through my heart, and after debating on whether I was overreacting or not, I decided that my sadness is justified.

I cried and cried until I felt a droplet of water land on me from above. My tears mixed with the rain.

  Olivia and Sarah live at the pack house, and after debating about whether I should sit in the woods alone through the rain and cry it out or go to the pack house to my friends, I decided to go to my friends. So I got up and started off in the direction of the pack house.

🐾🐾🐾🐾