19. A Dead Man Alive

The next morning, I woke up feeling as good as new. Vincent's idea of licking my wound helped pretty good. On top of that, my wolf stayed up all night working on healing me. Now, I simply had a plaster on my neck, and Eva advised me to use my voice as less as possible.

"Baby, you don't have to do this." I shook my head at Vincent.

"I have to. I feel fine anyway.. just I can't really talk. It's alright though. I promise." Vincent nodded and grabbed my hand.

"Alright. Let's go."

——————————

The smell of rust mixed with blood was the only distinguishable thing in the pack dungeons. As neat and clean as the whole pack was, the dungeons were the exact opposite. Situated under a blank patch of land, the dungeon is a huge building made completely underground. There was no building, or park, or really anything above it, just a hard, paved piece of land.

There was a trap door on the floor, surrounded by a few guards, which had a huge lock on it, and there were three sets of keys for the door. Vincent, Damon and Derek had one set each.

Vincent's fingers tightened around mine after hearing the rogue from yesterday's screams. He was still going on about how it was impossible. "Hey! Shut up." Vincent snarled at rogue as we reached his cell. He was sitting on the floor with his knees pulled up, and his arms wrapped around them. There were thick, black chains leading from his ankles and wrists, and going into the wall behind him.

His head snapped up towards us. The thick mess of black hair on his head falling into his bright orange eyes. The one giveaway for a rogue is definitely the eye color. If it's an inhumane, wolfish color, it's definitely a rogue, as rogues lose 90% of their human, and become simply a wolf that can merely shift into a human and talk. Yea that's why there aren't many rogues, as losing your human isn't very common or easy.

His eyes looked over mine and Vincent's entwined hands, before roaming upwards and towards my bandage. Then, his eyes narrowed in on my face. He tilted his head slightly, recognition settling in his eyes. "Who are you?" He asked me. Huh, based on the recognition, I suppose he must've known? No?

"Shouldn't I be asking you the same?" Vincent cut in with a large growl. "And why was seeing James freaking you so much." His eyes widened a bit at that. Then he closed his eyes right after.

"Alright." He said as he started to get up. Due to the length of the chains on his arms, he couldn't get up completely, and was now in a kneeling position.

He leaned back just enough to get one arm up to his stubble and run a hand over it. "Alright." He repeated as he dropped his hand. "That night, say 20 years ago, he died. HE. DIED." His sudden scream made me jump, as Vincent and I tightened our arms around each other. He wasn't done just yet though.

"NOW I SEE A MAN THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE DIED IN FRONT OF ME. HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO REMAIN CALM? I JUST SAW A DEAD MAN ALIVE." He continued. My eyes widened as I looked up at Vincent. Vincent looked at me before looking up at him again.

"Please, calm down. Who died again?" Vincent asked politely. I looked up at Vincent in shock.

"Why on earth are you being so NICE to the ROGUE who ATTACKED us?" I asked him through the link.

"Calm down, we need answers about why he freaked out when he saw James. I'll question him a different way to find out about why he came here in the first place later." I nodded when I realised that he was being soft because of my presence. He'd question him a different way once I left. Nodding, I looked back at the rogue.