23. Victoria Alexander

"Possibly witchcraft to mask your true scent. Maybe that's why you still haven't found your mate..?" Adira said as she sipped slowly on her hot chocolate. James, no wait, Viktor had been given a new room in Vincent's house, that was right next to mine and Vincent's. The day the whole revelation was made was two days ago. Vincent, Viktor, and I needed the two days to heal. We spent most of the day just hugging each other and crying it out. Now, we were back to normal, and figuring out how to deal with everything. Oh and my voice returned!

Our best bet about the rogues was that they were sent by the Alpha that took most of them in, my father. One thing that wasn't clear was that it didn't make sense for him to send the rogues here at a time when all of his children were here. So it could've possibly just been a coincidence..

Currently, our topic of discussion was the one topic that we tried to avoid. The whole Viktor thing. Viktor, Vincent, Adira, Elizabeth, Damon, Derek, Olivia, Sarah, and I were sitting in Viktor's new room, discussing over topics. Viktor was sitting upright on the bed, with Elizabeth sitting on one side, and Olivia on the other. Sarah, Damon, and Derek had occupied a four-seater couch. Adira was seated on an armchair next to Viktor's bed, and lastly, Vincent and I were cuddled up on a single seater sofa.

After Vincent's initial outburst, fortunately, he was not mad at me at all. He told me that he understood that it wasn't my fault. We even seemed to get even more touchy after the whole thing for some reason. Hence, our choice of occupying a single seater, with me all over his lap.

"So you're saying, Jacob used a WITCH to mask my true scent!? And that's possibly keeping me AWAY from my MATE!?" Viktor screeched causing Olivia to squeak. He quickly put his hand on hers and apologized.

"Yes, well, it's just making it hard for your mate to sniff you out, since your scent right now isn't your true scent." Adira said with a nod. For anyone from an Alpha family, their scent is like an indicator of a pack. So, that makes it easier to determine what pack a wolf is from, since every member of a pack has a slight scent of their Alpha on them that makes it clear to tell which pack they're from.

For general pack members, this slight pack scent can change if they change packs, but for anyone from an Alpha family, the only way to change the scent is by masking it using witchcraft. Or like in my case, if you're mated to someone of an important rank in another pack, your scent usually changes to match theirs. That reminded me of the cook that I found in my kitchen trying to cook for Viktor.

"Oh my god," my voice made everyone turn to me with an alarmed look, "the day everyone from blue moon came here, I went to cook something for Viktor, there in the kitchen I saw a cook from blue moon persisting that she should cook for Viktor!" Adria's eyes widened as she added her input on this.

"It's possible that she meant to add something to his food. Presumably, some supplements crafted by said witch that would continue masking his scent."

"Oh my god! I'm so glad I didn't let her cook for him at all over here. At least this means that he'll be closer to finding his mate as his scent will go back to normal!" I said twirling a piece of hair around my fingers, with one thought constantly running in my head.

"What is it sweetie?" I heard the voice that I'd grown to love, speak softly in my head. I nuzzled my cheek with his before shaking my head.

"Just wondering something.." I replied back, he didn't push further.

"We'll talk about it later?" The voice resounded in my head. I smiled before nodding.

Suddenly, Adira turned to look at me. She just kept looking at me with a soft smile on her face. "Victoria Alexander, in case you were wondering." She said as my eyes widened. I was wondering!

"What?" Mumbled Vincent. Adira looked at him with the same smile.

"Isabella's real name is Victoria Alexander. Viktor named her. He named both Vincent and Victoria." Everyone in the room's eyes widened at this new revelation made by Adira.

"Why did he name me?" I asked while looking at Viktor.

Adira's smile dropped a little as she replied. "Eleanor and Saphire were pregnant at the same time as you can tell-" I interrupted her before she could continue.

"Saphire?"

Adira's eyes lit up with recognition. "Right, well your parents' reals names are Elijah and Saphire Alexander." My eyes widened at this. I couldn't have ever imagined them as anything but Jacob and Aliyah Stone. Elijah and Saphire Alexander!? I felt Vincent pull me closer as he dropped his chin on my shoulder. I raised my hand to run through his dark hair. I nodded at Adira to continue.

"Anyway, four year old Viktor was certain that he wanted to name both the kids. And as Elijah and Saphire were close to Alaric and Eleanor, and well, they adored Viktor, they didn't mind. He'd decided on one girl and one boy name from the start," she paused to look at Vincent with a knowing smile before continuing, "Victoria was obviously a name derived from his own." Adira said with a slight laugh. That new fact made us all laugh too.

"And the name Vincent has the same meaning as Viktor, both mean winner. So, as we can see, Viktor was quite creative when he picked out the names." Adira said with sarcasm at the end, and a laugh. We all laughed before a sort of sadness passed through the room.

I faced Vincent and gave him a huge hug with a kiss, before I jumped up and ran towards the bed. Viktor smiled and opened his arms just in time for me to leap into his arms. "You will always be my brother." I told him, causing him to smile back and give me a kiss on my cheek. Viktor peaked from behind my shoulder and stared at Vincent. Viktor smiled before raising one arm to do a 'come here' gesture to Vincent.

Before we knew it, Vincent and I were cuddled up on each side of Viktor. And everyone else had left the room. "Hey guys, this reminds me of that portrait of ours." I said, gaining a nod and a 'yea' from Vincent and Viktor.

"I'm keeping it in this hallway now." Vincent spoke up making both, Viktor and me look at him. He smiled and looked away before mumbling, "it's special."

Well there were quite a few new things I learnt today. Most major one being my name is Victoria Alexander! I was named by and after Viktor, someone who will always be my brother even if the relation isn't by blood.

🐾🐾🐾🐾