PROLOGUE

Ryan's POV

*age 13*

Smiling, I helped mom make dinner while we waited for dad to get home

Smiling, I helped mom make dinner while we waited for dad to get home. Mom said that he was going to take a long business trip that would take up a few couple weeks, which made her sad. She loves dad so much.

"Can you get Mikel and wash up?" Mom asks once she cut up all the carrots and I put them in a bowel.

"Okay" I say and got off the high chair. Running in the living room, Mikel was watching a kid show while leaning on the couch. "Mikel, we need to wash up" I tell him. He turns and shakes his head. I went to get reach for him when he took off running. "Mikel!" I yells trying to get him. Once I got to him I brought him inside of our parents room and went into the master bathroom that was inside. Getting the baby booster Mikel stepped up to wash his hands.

"You're home!" I heard mom say loudly. A smile grew on my face knowing it was dad.

"Daddy's home Mikel!" I tell him and helped him get down. Both of us ran to the kitchen yelling in happiness. "Dad!" I say once I saw him. He came down to crush my in a hug.

"I missed you Ryan" he tells me. The hug was tight but I didn't care.

"I missed you too dad" I say with tears coming out.

"Don't cry baby girl, I'm here" dad says wiping my tears.

"You were gone for a longtime" I say still having tears roll down. Mom and dad shared a knowing look and looked at me.

"I know sweetie. But daddy's here, now I heard dinner is almost ready?" Dad says with a smile. Mom went to go over him and hugged him.

"We all missed you baby" she says kissing him.

"Ew" Mikel says. They pull back and looked at Mikel with an amused expression and laughed.

"One day Mikel, you'll kiss someone you love" I tell him with a smile.

"And how would you know that young lady?" Dad says giving me a look. I look towards mom with a nervous look.

"Mom told me that" I cover. Even though it's actually true, but I did kiss my crush Kyle.

"We'll talk about this over dinner" dad says dragging mom out of the room. I groan and looked at Mikel.

"Let's go back to the living room" I tell him as he was playing with his toys in the corner.

Nick's POV